• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Off Road Training @ BMW, SC

dancogan

I'm considering the 2 day off road training course offered by BMW at their SC facility. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has attended that might give me an idea of how worthwhile it was, how enjoyable, and any bits of wisdom. Thanks in advance.

Great folks:

My kids did it a couple years ago with BMW guys SC, all great! Can't go wrong. GS CROWD at the National Rally will be in large numbers too, so join up with rides/classes and learn in MO. this year too at the rally. The Mo Bigga GS Tour is a must if you're into learning or better. It begins before the rally a few days(around 100$ extra, WORTH every penny), per Ian S.(Visian) and (Newstar) here on this forum...Randy

I attended the shortened version of this course the MOA sponsored a couple years back. It was awesome! Pouring rain the day we were there and it was slick as.....well you know. The instructors were excellent! Patient and explained each exercise in detail and then we practiced it. All in all a great facility with great instructors and a good time! I certainly recommend it!

Polarbear's comment is dead on... the GS Giant is an awesome program. There you can meet like minded riders, have fun and learn a ton! I would definitely get on that program too! The "Giant" is shaping up to be another great rally event!

Thanks for the responses. Some of those FB pictures are a bit scary! I'm not sure how many times in one day I can lift a GSA! LOL In any event, I'll be signing up for a class this spring.

Not sure I can make the GS Giant, because we'll be in Colorado, hopefully riding paved and dirt roads. May be too much fun to ever leave.

Great;

Colorado getting hammered right now with SNOW as Winter norm for them, but this is a biggie one for'em....I've ridden there a LOT over the years, GSn offroad all about that place. So much to enjoy there in Colorado:). DO PIKES PEAK, a must GS ride and not too difficult, but amazingly NEAT to go see on dirt still. No shoulder hugging this road near the top, garanteed:). Good road conditions, mostly, even in bad weather they grade it well. My R100 liked it on this ride, snowing in July:) Randy

Attachments

• Pikes Peak and other pics 006.jpg
    Pikes Peak and other pics 006.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 191
fairbankskingfisher.jpg

Just don't ride there at night.

...DO PIKES PEAK, a must GS ride and not too difficult, but amazingly NEAT to go see on dirt still. No shoulder hugging this road near the top, garanteed:). Good road conditions, mostly, even in bad weather they grade it well. My R100 liked it on this ride, snowing in July:) Randy

I thought Pikes Peak is now paved to the top. Still plan on doing it, but, unless there's a separate dirt road, I think it's paved. Thanks for your post, Randy.

Yup, Pike's Peak is now paved all the way to the top :cry

Still a beautiful ride, regardless.

Took the one day off-road course last September and it was money well-spent! It was nice to use their 1200GS instead of my own, just in case I damaged it (didn't BTW) and they treat the students very well!

Great lunch at the facility, lots of water/gatorade available all day, excellent instruction. Made me a much more confident off-road rider. Exercises that challenged me but were great lessons in the long run.

I like it so much that I'm thinking about doing the 2 day this year!

took the class last March. Blur and his cohorts did a great job teaching me a buch of new skills. Money well spent. Wish I had time to go again this year.

Thanks, Marty! We love what we do. And we want everyone who comes to class to love what they do!

Make sure to drop in and say hello if you're in the area :wave

Back