Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sick and Tired of the Comparison of GW to BMW GT/GTS ... DAM

ricoefamoso

Sick and Tired of the Comparison of GW to BMW GT/GTS ... DAM

I have one philosophy ... if you like it you buy it ... there is no obligation. So tired of all of these posts about Goldwings etc. etc. and the 6 cyl BMW. They speal of gas comsumption and mpg ... lol lol lol ... BMW owners should not be concerned of these trivial things. If you must be concerned ... guys ... buy a Kawasaki ... Suzuki ... or a Goldwing. We are BMW owners for God's sake ... do we concern ourselves with trivia as such? I certainly do not. Get a life !

+1
    Ken
    Last edited by Ken F; 02-02-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: probablaly inappropriate
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

ricoefamoso

Lol ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
    +1
    Ken
    Acutally, my comments were quite refined ... normally I am an vulgar animal when such BS is dished about BMW motos ...however, in leu of the forum and not wanting to be dismissed I reserves my true and articulate comments.

Are you referring to comments made on this forum about other brands? I've been around here for several years and it's rare that we see out and out bashing. Yes, we may see discussion comparing one brand to another but everyone here is pretty tolerant.

Case in point: My confession.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    I don't bash other brands because I have had most of them (except Harley) and they were all good bikes in their day and for their purpose.

I ride BMWs to confuse everyone who has known me for the last 64 years. My reputation as the tightest tightwad around is known far and wide. They have no idea of how old my newest bike is. They only know it looks new and don't know it is 9 years old. I further confused them last fall by buying my first new car (but it is a Kia).

Keep them guessing.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Seeking Mental Floss
    Methinks, thou dost protest too much!

Elitest

Quote Originally Posted by ricoefamoso View Post
    I have one philosophy ... if you like it you buy it ... there is no obligation. So tired of all of these posts about Goldwings etc. etc. and the 6 cyl BMW. They speal of gas comsumption and mpg ... lol lol lol ... BMW owners should not be concerned of these trivial things. If you must be concerned ... guys ... buy a Kawasaki ... Suzuki ... or a Goldwing. We are BMW owners for God's sake ... do we concern ourselves with trivia as such? I certainly do not. Get a life !
    It's this attitude that makes BMW owners look like pompous jerks! I have not logged in for a while and this is not the only thread with some arrogance. Not what I joined for. You need a reality check, why don't you go dig a ditch and learn some humility. Better yet wait tables at a biker joint. "Get a life" heh, get out of the clouds

If I break the rules with this post so be it, this kind of attitude is not what the MOA should be about.
    2013 BMW K1600GT - Montego Blue Metallic
    2007 BMW K1200GT - Graphite (traded)
    2004 R1150RS - Pacific Blue (sold )
    Dennis BMWMOA 150423 FingerLakes BMW Club 396 IBA 50178

Ah give him a break. After all the poor guy only has one philosophy and it is broken.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

I enjoy posts that compare two bikes. I often learn more from owners than from Cycle World or the ilk.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

Talking Both are six cylinder production bike

Compare apples to apples!!!

But the BMW is an inline six goldwing a boxer six 2 totally different animals!!!

See this on inline sixes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline-6
    1974 R75/6 W Sidecar
    1989 R100GS

for me, both the wing and the 6 cyl beemers are both huge, expensive, feature laden bikes that I have no interest in but enjoy owners debating their merits. If I get sick and tired of it I could click somewhere else or go for a ride, but I probably wouldn't post about it.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

dstuckmann
    Quote Originally Posted by drubery View Post
    It's this attitude that makes BMW owners look like pompous jerks! I have not logged in for a while and this is not the only thread with some arrogance. Not what I joined for. You need a reality check, why don't you go dig a ditch and learn some humility. Better yet wait tables at a biker joint. "Get a life" heh, get out of the clouds

If I break the rules with this post so be it, this kind of attitude is not what the MOA should be about.
    +1
    And in case someone is looking for another comparison, Roadrunner magazine has one in their latest issue!

Rally Rat
    I think it's natural for both the media and owners to draw some comparisons between 6 cylinder, 800 lb., feature laden, $24,000+ motorcycles. Sure they are not the same, but if I were looking for a 2 up, long distance bike, I'd want to know what people who have had a chance to put miles on them really think. I'm no Dr. or Lawyer, so if I scrimp and save for a GTL, gas mileage will be a concern, as will routine maintenance costs.

I'm thinking some among us need to get out and ride, or at least lay off the adult beverages until you're done posting for the night........

The latest issue of RoadRunner Magazine has an article "comparing" the GW to the GTL. Unlike other articles it does point out that they are different machines, similar. but different. It does not bash either one. It states what the test riders thought and in the end said they were both great. You must choose according to your style of riding. I took it as a good "comparison" of two similar but different machines.

If I may?...I don't really understand the comparo either,...apples to oranges as I see it. But that's just my opinion. What I have never understood about motorcyclist in general is the 'need' by some to argue amost ourselves. My M/C better than yours, faster than yours etc. Mainstream people think we're nutz as it is,..we should stick together.

I have an R1150R, a Kawasaki/Nomad, & a Kawasaki/Drifter....are any the best?..dunno!,.don't care. Are they the fastest?..dunno! don't care. I like them all. Ok my R-R is my favorite,.but nothing wrong with the other two either.

Ride what ya want, & enjoy it. If ya don't enjoy it? Buy something else. Don't worry what others will think. Chances are pretty good I'll like it , if it matters ?...cuz I like'em all.

just my 2 cents.................