• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

crossing top of Tennesee

Never traversed it, but if I did I would definitely want to stop at the Alvin York Mounument just off 52 onto 127 in Pall Mall.

I've been on parts of it but it has been a few years. My recollection is that it is pleasant, somewhat hilly, curvy, green, paved, not a lot of trucks, etc. I usually remember details about bad roads, and don't recall details at all here.

SR52 from Jamestown to Livingston is very nice. It descends off the plateau and then rolls along curve after curve through Alpine to Livingston. After Livingston, it is less of a roller coaster but still pleasant way to traverse the middle Tennessee area. It will still be hilly. After Celina, you will come to Red Boiling Springs which houses a museum. http://www.cyclemos.com/ I haven't yet made it to the museum, so I can't tell you much about it, but I intend to do so. From there on into Portland is fairly nondescript, but still a pleasant bucolic state route. Enjoy, it's a lot better than I40 or US70.

Was just lookin at a official Tennessee transportation map and alot of 52 is listed as a state scenic parkway for what thats worth.

Back