• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

K1200RS mirrors on 2007 R1200RT

F

flylow1

I just added these mirrors to my RT and they are a perfect fit from a pure fit perspective and styling as well. I haven't ridden with them yet but they appear to eliminate the 6:00 blind spot with the stock mirrors while the 49 liter top case is on which it always is for me.

I will ride soon with them and will report on visual performance. I wonder how much wind noise these will generate but I suspect I won't notice.

I think you will like them.

Many of us got tired of staring at our knuckles and elbows out of the stock mirrors, and added a pair of these to our RT's.

I appreciate my restored visibility to the rear, and notice no additional noise.

Enjoy. :thumb

You can also go the less expensive route and use GS mirrors. The down side is your RT will look like its spotin Mickey Mouse ears plus they vibrate. The RS mirrors have far less vibration.

nice visibility behind with these and there is no noise that I can tell. I got them from MaxBMW and with shipping and the nuts/washers it came to about $194. No adapters needed as these fit the bars perfectly.

Did you have to buy an adapter for the bars? Which ones? What was the cost of the parts?

Any photos?

And, anyone can reply of course...

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1792

Here is a source for the mirrors I added to the RT. Great view to the rear and I readjusted the OEM's for a different perspective.

Now have four mirrors looking backwards.

So, you're looking at about $170 plus shipping.

The holes already exist on our handlebars (pre-2010 models!), so install takes about 2 minutes per side.

Hi
Hope they are as good as you say. Just pulled the pin and ordered a set for my 2008 RT. always been something that needed improvement. Now I just hope they arrive in OZ within 2 weeks before my trip.
Regards
Paul

Back