• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

road trip

JOHNBROJ

I have always wanted to go the American Heritage Motorcycle museum during vintage motorcycles and since I can't make it this year I am planning it for next year, here's my dilemma. I have a 1949 Indian Arrow I want to bring out there with me, but I have no urge to go there on four wheels. I am looking for information on two things; first is do they make a trailer hitch setup for a 2002 R1150RT, and second is there someone out there who makes a small lightweight motorcycle trailer for my motorcycle? I have seen Goldwings towing a dirtbike and my little single cylinder Indian doesn't weigh any more so it should be possible. Should look pretty cool going down the road too. Any help would be appreciated. John Broj

You might consider a Kendon single rail trailer, stands up out of the way when not in use, takes up very little space. They tow well and can be found used for less than a grand . You tow bike should have no trouble with it.

Or you could try a Trailer in a Bag. A knock down affair if you have no real place to store it when not in use.

I had a Kendon for a while and liked it , but I am short and had trouble loading my bike by myself. So now i am looking for a trailer with a ramp.

I have always wanted to go the American Heritage Motorcycle museum during vintage motorcycles and since I can't make it this year I am planning it for next year, here's my dilemma. I have a 1949 Indian Arrow I want to bring out there with me, but I have no urge to go there on four wheels. I am looking for information on two things; first is do they make a trailer hitch setup for a 2002 R1150RT, and second is there someone out there who makes a small lightweight motorcycle trailer for my motorcycle? I have seen Goldwings towing a dirtbike and my little single cylinder Indian doesn't weigh any more so it should be possible. Should look pretty cool going down the road too. Any help would be appreciated. John Broj
Welcome to the forum John. You have kind of an Oilhead, Trailer, Gear kind of post. I'll try to keep an eye on it for you and if need be-move it to one of the other parts of the forum for you. Good luck, Gary

Or you could try a Trailer in a Bag.

This is what I would use if I was going to haul a bike with a bike. I have to believe it's about the lightest trailer out there, and you're going to want to do whatever you can to keep total weight down.

You know, I have an RT and a DR650..... Hmmmm.......

Post up pics of whatever you end up with - this is interesting to me....

Back