• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

In search of large BMW patch and roundel

BenDiem

Greetings all,

I'm in search of a Large "BMW" patch and a large "BMW Roundel" patch.

Has anyone had any success with a reliable/honest vendor via the Internet? How about at an OEM Dealership?

A search proved unsuccessful on this forum.

There are a few vendors who sell BMW patches on the Internet... Has anyone purchased from these vendors?

Tks/Cheers,

B

Do a web search for 8 inch BMW car patch. Just did it myself and found several sites. I just happened to have one on my desk, so I knew the size to ask for.

eBay

If you're uncertain about the vendor check their rating - but I've never had an unresolved problem.

Has always been a friendly patch vendor at the International Motorcycle Shows.

If you can get to one, might find what you're looking for - I've bought several different BMW patches over the years this way.

Good Luck! :german

I do custom embroidery... Private Message me your particulars.

~ Jim

403758_10150565596774810_666039809_11009952_1636244931_n.jpg

Greetings all,

I'm in search of a Large "BMW" patch and a large "BMW Roundel" patch.

Has anyone had any success with a reliable/honest vendor via the Internet? How about at an OEM Dealership?

A search proved unsuccessful on this forum.

There are a few vendors who sell BMW patches on the Internet... Has anyone purchased from these vendors?

Tks/Cheers,

B

Hard to see how "reliable/honest" can coincide with copyright violator.

This sort of thing should come from BMW dealer.

Roundels yes. And they have many sizes.
Custom work... Well... There lays the gray area.

That heart is actually illegal.

Actually more black and white, than gray.

While this applies, specifically, to BMW clubs (including BMW MOA) it's probably safe to assume that it applies to everything.

Following are the Logo Guidelines set forth by BMW AG and BMW NA and
currently in effect.

BMW of North America, Inc.

Logo Guidelines

The purpose of the following information is to provide a clear
understanding of BMW AG's and BMW NA's position as it concerns the use of the BMW logo by authorized BMW clubs and to set forth legal guidelines for such use.

Under US trademark law, failure to protect a registered trademark can result in loss of either the value of the logo or loss of exclusive claim to it. Ways such a loss could occur include the unprotested use of the logo in combination with another distinctive by non-authorized symbol or the adding or deleting of a design element to or from the recognized logo.

In the past, this has been done with many Club logo designs.

It is important to understand that BMW not only has the right to insist on
cessation of trademark infringement, but, more inportantly, they have an
obligation under law to do so. BMW has no desire or intention to stop Clubs
from using the BMW logo, but must, under the law, describe the way in which
it can be used.

The BMW Roundel and the letters "BMW: (hereinafter also collectively
referred to as the "BMW logo") are registered trademarks owned by BMW AG
and can be used by only those authorized to do so by BMW AG. In the Untied
States, permission to use the BMW logo can only be granted by BMW NA. No
one is permitted to use the name BMW in an incorporated or business name
unless written permission has been given by BMW NA.

Only Clubs affiliated or associated with or recognized by the International
Council of BMW Clubs will be permitted to use the BMW logo, and then only
in accordance with the following:

The BMW logo may not be adapted, stylized or incorporated as apart of any
club/chapter logo.

The BMW logo may appear on the club, chapter stationary and regalia only
separate and apart from the club/chapter logo. (For example, on stationery,
the chapter name and logo many appear on the top of the page, the BMW logo
in the lower left corner).

The letters "BMW" may not be joined with any other letters to form one
word. (For example, BMW CCA must include a space between BMW and CCA).

The letters should be written in Helvetica type characters).

Failure to comply with the guidelines set forth as stated will result in
legal action.

In a unique, and in no way to be construed as a precedent for other club
logos, the BMW Car Club of America, Inc, will be permitted to retain the
use of its national club logo, the quartered United States map with black
cross beam and the letters BMW CCA within the cross beam. This applies to
the national club only. the design cannot be permitted for chapters.

All chapter or club logos should be submitted for approval to:

BMW Legal Department
BMW of North America, Inc.
P.O. Box 1227
Westwood, NJ 07675-1227

labels

I never really ever saw the appeal to continue to advertise for a manufacturer ..Yep its a bmw or a harley or a ford ....Please explain why the need to festoon our boxers with badges? Does a bike run better when its covered with stickers ..." we dont need no stinking badges " IMHO stu

I never really ever saw the appeal to continue to advertise for a manufacturer ..Yep its a bmw or a harley or a ford ....Please explain why the need to festoon our boxers with badges? Does a bike run better when its covered with stickers ..." we dont need no stinking badges " IMHO stu

That's why we all are different...some bikes get stickers...the others do not.
Some folks peel all manufacturer logos off all their stuff...I'm not one of them.

And my GS does seem to run better covered with stickers ( I'd have a sarcastic smilie of some sort here, but they are not working today!)

...because as much as you don't like to... There are people who do.

Ain't 'merca a great country?

Occasionally I go to big biker events like Daytona Bike Week. There are outlaw souvenir venders every where. That's where I get a lot of my BMW patches and pins. Ain't nothin like dealin with the black market. No worry about what's legal or copyrighted. Cash talks and you no what ....... . Some years, I grow a beard and I go to Bike week as a biker. Usually take my oldschool '74 R90. It's black and it matches all my black leather that is liberally festooned with lots of patches and pins. I hang out at the biker bars on Main and the newer bigger venues out off I 95. Hang out with them all week. I've gone back the next year as a Euro motorcylist to the same bars, with the same bikers , this time shaved and in my 'Stich, full helmet. They don't even recognize me, untill I tell'em it's me.

BMW Patches

I have had very good luck finding all sorts of patches at Harley Davison biker rallys. Including BMW patches.

My problem is I have not found a jacket worth putting them on as of yet.

Back