• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

I'm already collecting points!

Today the weather was great (compared to what we have had). A front came through and we had shower, thunderstorms, micro bursts and straight line winds and cooler weather. The high was only 92 but most of the day was in the low 80's.

For those coming from the NW the River Breaks Adventure Tour is very nice. There are two routes. One easier then the other. Both have very pretty scenery and nice roads.

Here are some picture of the area.

P1020218.JPG

Missouri River Valley:

P1020220.JPG

In there breaks there are a number of dirt roads. They are cut through the Loess hill and there are dirt banks on both sides. Consider rerouting if there is much rain.

P1020228.JPG

In NW MO there are a number of wind farms.

Here is some interesting info:

P1020247.JPG

P1020248.JPG

Byrd's adventure center route

In reguards to the warning in the GS Giants Adventure Summit download about GPS routing you to Byrd's from IH-40 .I had routed due north from Ozark just east of hwy 23 running Pink Twist rd for 10 miles. Low Bridge rd for 5 miles then right on Ar215 for 1 mile. Is this the steep,rocky dirt road that we should avoid running solo up to Byrd's for the sunday BBQ. If so i guess I will ride up 23 to AR 215 or would this be a chance to rack up some extra GS BS points with pics on the way up?:dunno Just thinking about the "route" couple weeks ago I was loaded up for camping as I will be for this weeks ride and I stopped at a public scale. I now know that my rig is 1060 LBS!!!!

In reguards to the warning in the GS Giants Adventure Summit download about GPS routing you to Byrd's from IH-40 .I had routed due north from Ozark just east of hwy 23 running Pink Twist rd for 10 miles. Low Bridge rd for 5 miles then right on Ar215 for 1 mile. Is this the steep,rocky dirt road that we should avoid running solo up to Byrd's for the sunday BBQ. If so i guess I will ride up 23 to AR 215 or would this be a chance to rack up some extra GS BS points with pics on the way up?:dunno Just thinking about the "route" couple weeks ago I was loaded up for camping as I will be for this weeks ride and I stopped at a public scale. I now know that my rig is 1060 LBS!!!!

The red highlight is the correct way. The other roads could be challenging when riding with a full pack of gear.

Alternate route is AR103 from Clarkesville... a really nice paved ride with super twisties... you hit AR 215 at the east end, right near the Oark General Store.

I'm tellin' ya... the riding here is stunning.

Ian

For the winner on the track...

... a $750 certificate toward any Aerostich suit, boots or gloves. :thumb

Thanks, Andy Goldfine, for supporting the GS Giants!

Attachments

• aerologo.jpg
    aerologo.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 66
For the overall winner

Some really nice choices for training from the BMW Performance Center.

Thanks to the guys (and gal) there for supporting the GS Giants.

Attachments

• BMW_PC_logo.jpg
    BMW_PC_logo.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 66
Giant Loop has some goodies for the Giants....

Thanks to Harold Olaf-Cecil and Dave Wachs for showing the GS Giants some love!

Attachments

• logo_GiantLoop.jpg
    logo_GiantLoop.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 67
Adrenaline Junky

The red highlight is the correct way. The other roads could be challenging when riding with a full pack of gear.

Alternate route is AR103 from Clarkesville... a really nice paved ride with super twisties... you hit AR 215 at the east end, right near the Oark General Store.

I'm tellin' ya... the riding here is stunning.

Ian
I think I will see how rough it gets. I'll close my eyes if it gets real rough. :scratch and grab more throttle! If I don't show up sunday call Lt. Dan to find me!:banghead
You know people that are color blind with red,green,brown see no red :wave

Yeap, I'll come get ya, cause you know I,ll have this stinking trailer with me cause I can't get anyone else to drive it so I can come play with ya'll in the Orarks and have a good time and get some of that coaching in from The Coach and drink beer and eat good food and spend some Quality time with like minded riders and...........

Yeap, I'll come get ya, cause you know I,ll have this stinking trailer with me cause I can't get anyone else to drive it so I can come play with ya'll in the Orarks and have a good time and get some of that coaching in from The Coach and drink beer and eat good food and spend some Quality time with like minded riders and...........
LOL :violin Well then heres the deal. shhh don't tell NOBODY. I'll call you about sat noon and you can say ok buddy I'll be right there and unload the GS and a TOW ROPE! Remeber to say tow rope real loud so you new trailer driver will hear how important this call is. Then kiss the driver /wife good bye and "rescue" me. easy :thumb

Petition

We should start a petition to get Lt. Dan to Oark.

Dan, take that trailer to MO on Sat., ride to AR on Sun.

We should start a petition to get Lt. Dan to Oark.

Dan, take that trailer to MO on Sat., ride to AR on Sun.

my suggestion is to start a petition for Debbie to learn how to drive the truck and trailer, thereby freeing Lt. Dan to ***ride to Oark*** :ha

ian

GS Gypsy Event in Oark

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if I can still attend the event in Oark? I was able to get off after all! Would be arriving Monday afternoon...oh "captnmack@gmail.com"...

mack

Back