• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

Anybody out there have an old sidecar they're wanting to part with cheap?

I enjoy that it looks like a Brat.

Might be a bit tough to negotiate hero tracks, but we'll eat good at the end of the day.

Rick

It would be a toasty ride in the cooler months but do ya really want to ride that in July???

It would be a toasty ride in the cooler months but do ya really want to ride that in July???

In summer I would add a boiler to make steam to turn the turbine to create electricity to operate the air conditioner. All this while riding, shooting video, prepping the evening meal and waiting for ya'll to catch up.

In summer I would add a boiler to make steam to turn the turbine to create electricity to operate the air conditioner. All this while riding, shooting video, prepping the evening meal and waiting for ya'll to catch up.

If you wanted catsup you should have packed it yourself

Americana:)

Nothing says so more than; Apple Pie, Cherry Pie or Pecan Pie. All Southern bred and Ozark, America. I vote Apple, tough choice though. AM I the only CA. Rider so far? I'm ashamed of my brethren of the West. I've been poking about too, haven't found anybody yet:( attending the Oark GS shindig. :violin:scratch:dance anyhow:)Randy

Nothing says so more than; Apple Pie, Cherry Pie or Pecan Pie. All Southern bred and Ozark, America. I vote Apple, tough choice though. AM I the only CA. Rider so far? I'm ashamed of my brethren of the West. I've been poking about too, haven't found anybody yet:( attending the Oark GS shindig. :violin:scratch:dance anyhow:)Randy

We'll be gettin' Apple Pie.

New friend:):):)

Thanks for the good old treat no outdoor bash should be without. Pie in the Ozarks, how can one not smile about that:). We can even make a few if somebody drags a "dutch oven" along! No scales allowed...Randy:usa

WE need a mileage count:)

Number of miles anticipated for GSrs coming to OARK event? Mine is around 1900m plus or minus a few, depending on route. Anybody else have it figured yet? IS there a way we can verify our odometer leaving home and check in at OARK for points:)....Is this already done? Some of us may even get another 1000+ day in there and it would be a nice IB feather added:). Alternative rider fuel/PIES in wait:)...:dance:usa

I haven't really planned on participating in the G/S (slash put there for a reason) Giant, but my plans for making the MOA Rally are to start about the 8th in Tellico Tn and ride the TAT route (did it all last year on a DRZ) as far as I can. I may end up getting side tracked a Oark for a while , do the GS giant loop, then continue on the TAT and then head back to make the MOA Rally by Thursday..

I'll be on a R80 G/S with a whitish 11 gal HPN tank.

Hey Richard - we'll keep an eye out for you.

I am considering bringing my R80 G/SPD+ to the event, unfortunately on a trailer. Hope to get some riding in, though... maybe after the event. :ha

I may end up getting side tracked a Oark for a while , do the GS giant loop, then continue on the TAT and then head back to make the MOA Rally by Thursday.

Hey, I found your thread on ADVrider. Great stuff.

Oark is right down the road from the location for the GS Gypsy Tour... the first part of the GS Giant's Adventure Summit.

The Gypsy Tour starts July 15 (Sunday night before the rally) and it would be great to see you there.

The TAT needs to be on the list of points-paying Adventure Detours... you ought to get more than 50 points if you're riding from Tellico, TN.

Of course, we can't publish that route like we do the others, but if you take a bunch of pics and share them, I am sure something can be figured out. :nod

Have fun on your ride.

Ok maybe I've missed it, but I've already entered the sweepstakes and am attending the rally, but How/where do I sign up for the GS giants? Unfortunately I don't plan on spending money to enter a contest. Is there a list of points that I could get if so inclind, probably not that inclind but just in case. I'll probably volunteer at the event just to lend a hand. As I'm not that talented for any real off road stuff. It'd be fun just to watch others participate and help pick up bikes.

Ok maybe I've missed it, but I've already entered the sweepstakes and am attending the rally, but How/where do I sign up for the GS giants? Unfortunately I don't plan on spending money to enter a contest. Is there a list of points that I could get if so inclind, probably not that inclind but just in case. I'll probably volunteer at the event just to lend a hand. As I'm not that talented for any real off road stuff. It'd be fun just to watch others participate and help pick up bikes.

You can do all the events a the GS Giant's Adventure Summit at the rally as part of your rally fee.

There is one additional event ahead of the rally - GS Gypsy Tour is a three-day party with catered food, drink, camping, riding, etc. This will be happening right near Oark, AR... along the TAT.

The Gypsy Tour costs $100, a very good deal for a very good time. You can register for it here.

The GS Giants are a group of people who I think you would enjoy meeting. They help put on the event by volunteering their time... they also ride the event. You'll meet them at the rally, or in Arkansas, if you come there.

Duh, just reading to much into it.

I checked out how long it took me to go from Jellico to Oark last year, it was about 10 days, so that sounds just about right. So I should have a decent ride to Oark, play in the area then head up to the Rally. Since I'll be going solo there will be more daily saddle time, which is a good thing!!!! Looks to be about 250 miles from Oark to Sedalia.

At the really I'm camping/ the Giants.

California?

We're almost another planet out here! I am well travelled, for a very long time now and finding CAL riders anywhere else is a rarity, so I still try to find the rare breed of CAL rider leaving this state for points far East. They don't seem to move about the USA as much. Well, we do have the best biker weather found anywhere in NAmerica. Just, I get bored of not seeing all the other stuff around USA. Quick note; Riders (unregistered)riding into the GS Oark event? If not registered, ARE they getting an invite to pay 100$and join in? I suspect some, maybe many tag a longs will find us and need this option. Seems many are still lost out there. Its advertised well. Hope not too many, because of the planning / logistics. Its all figures, yes? Randy....PS; I want an extra point for being solo from CAL...if that turns out true:). Jim Hyde(Rawhyde) and his following are all out here(Cal) too, but seem lost on this forum topic, GSOark? I won't be alone, if they show, BUT where are they all??? GS rates pretty high out West and I'll be dog goned if I can let it rest, regarding no riders from here. Go SIT, Randy, let it sleep. :violin:scratch:dance:thumb

I have it on good authority that no one in California rides east of the Sierra.

No doubt there will be more at the rally next year.

Randy, yes, there will be a limited number of walk-in registrations available in Oark.

Back