• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

Role Call!

We've got Giants coming from the four corners and them some!

20 states and 3 countries will be represented at the Gypsy Tour.

Texas is leading the pack with 9 riders and Canada will be represented by 6!
Florida is next with 5 riders, followed by a tie between PA and MO with 4 each.

There is still time to register and join the fun! Whaddya waitin' for???

I did a little riding around central MO and Sedalia this past weekend because I wanted to explore possible routes for the ride I will be leading.

Here are a few pictures. Not all will be on the ride I will be leading. Some are along Adventure Detours:

P1020122.JPG

This is the decor of in the Historic Elbow Inn along Route 66 in Devils Elbow, MO.

P1020125.JPG
(Maybe woman should get extra points for leaving a donation.)

P1020138.JPG

P1020159.JPG

P1020178.JPG

There is a lot of great riding all around MO and Sedalia.

Eddie

Did you know that you do not have to participate in the Gypsy Tour in order to compete for overall points? If you want to compete for points by riding the Adventure Detours, Stop In's and BS way points in addition to the track competition, you still need to register. I know it's confusing so if you are unsure where to go, send me a message. Or click here: http://www.advsummits.com/

you didn't tell them about Bloody Bill Anderson's Grave, did you? :uhoh

39.28507643 -93.97634419
:hide

IMG_0296.JPG

Notice people are still taking chips from his "new" headstone.

He is buried in a field but in 1908 Cole Younger had his body moved to a historic Mormon Graveyard although he was not planted near Saints.

Eddie

In the same town as Bloody Bill but in a different cemetery you will find the "dirty little coward that shot Mr. Howard":

IMG_0302.JPG

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TuKSFl6h0VU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eddie

Riding to an Adventure Summit...

... a teaser. More to come, are you planning your ride to the GS Giant's Adventure Summit?

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/teKu5TFMMLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pie

OK, all of you Giants, what is your favorite kind of pie?

You will know why I am asking when you get to Oark.:eat

Re: your favorite pie, you'll be making a big mistake if you don't get yours ala mode! OGS rocks!

Back to bridges, I am gaining weight just reading about pie.

Swinging bridges will get you GS BS points during the event...

Eddie's done waypoints, Troy shot some pics:

P8011901.JPG

P8011907.JPG

OK, back to food

Statdawg found this pic, it must be posted.

This has got Rick written all over it. Backwoods BBQ at Byrd's, Sunday July 15. :eat

Attachments

• bossofthesauce.jpg
    bossofthesauce.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 53
Back