• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

Visian

look out!!!
The GS Giant's Adventure Summit is back in 2012... MO bigga!

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. WE GOTTA LOTTA GIANTS HEADING OUR WAY!

Please like The GS Giant on Facebook
Please follow The GS Giant on Twitter

GSGiantlogoFINALWithText-M.png

"Who's the GS Giant?" you ask? We’ll all find out together at the 2012 BMW MOA International Rally in Sedalia, MO July 19-22.

"What's a GS Giant?" The Giant is the winner of an adventure event that starts this spring and continues through the rally in July.

To win the GS Giant Adventure Event, you must be:

1. A good navigator that rides off the beaten path to the rally.
  2. A good storyteller with photo and/or video skills being part of the picture.
  3. A GS Gypsy Tour rider, adventuring through the wilds of Arkansas and Missouri.
  4. A decent rider on the track, someone who doesn't put their feet down.

In 2011, a bunch of folks had a very big time in Pennsylvania:

They rode together:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ArEaAy2QBXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
No.... you do not *have* to ride stuff this hard, we have plenty of easier routes for everyone.

They partied and camped together:

IMG5831-M.jpg

IMG5866-M.jpg

Messed around on the track together:

NA11280-M.jpg

And made a bunch of new friends...

Winner-Version-2-L.jpg

More information about the 2012 GS Giant adventure event will be coming soon. Watch for information here, on Facebook and through Twitter.

We hope you can join us!

Last edited:
Come one, come all! Ask anyone who was involved last year and you'll hear what a fantastic experience it was. Doesn't matter if you have years of experience in the dirt or just hours. Both ends of the spectrum were represented.

So, for the noobs, don't feel intimidated. Come join the party!

Had a great time in Marienville

Couldn't stay for the entire event, but what I was there for was fantastic. I'm looking forward to this year's event and will definitely plan ahead!

Ian and all...Thanks for all the hard work involved with this great program that all of you are putting in! Being a GS'er myself, I am really excited to see the "GS Giants" returning to the rally for 2012! It was a great event in Bloomsburg... even with the heat! Hopefully this year's event will attract even more riders. It sure looks like it is shaping up to in fact be "bigga and betta" !

Bring it on!!

2 cents

:dance Just chipping in 2 cents... I can not stress enough that if you have a GS, you really need to take advantage of all the fun planned by this group. I put my toe in the water last year, and was really amazed at how much bigger it was than what I had envisioned. I was unpreparred and therefore missed out on a whole bunch of fun. Just too much going on at the sametime to get it all in...
I had been to the BMW Rally before and I had a good enough time, however getting involved with the GS Giant "game", increased my fun by a factor of 10. I had the original impression that this was for hot shot riders who could perform all sorts of stunts on a bike and the inexperienced need not apply. In reality, skill was not a factor at all in who won or lost the big kahuna. It was more of who could enjoy their bike the most. This does not mean a skilled rider would not also have fun, it just meant that the priorities are not what you might be thinking. I now look at the Rally as maybe a 10 day event instead of a 4 day event. Not because you have to, but because now I want to. Now that I think of it, 10 days might not be enough :thumb

To recap, if you have a GS this is not to be missed.

Thanks, Bruiser! Your words are great to read and that pretty much summed up our entire goal.

On anothe note, I have a guess at who you are based on your location but not sure if I'm right. Name, please?

Thanks, Bruiser! Your words are great to read and that pretty much summed up our entire goal.

On anothe note, I have a guess at who you are based on your location but not sure if I'm right. Name, please?

The thanks, go to you guys, btw..the name is Rich Brew

Hi Rich! I didn't recognize your screen name and was going by memory on who was from Florida. I mistakenly thought you were from Ian's home state.

Hope you'll be back this year!

Jump in

I had no idea, when I jumped in with both feet, the good memories and the great like minded friends I was about to experience. If you can get to the Gypsy Tour, participate in the GSGiant or both, you are in for the time of your life. Come on out and get dirty with us.

Point of clarification....

The GS Gypsy Tour is part of the GS Giant Adventure event.

It's the only part you must pay for, $100 for three days of riding, eating, drinking and carryin' on. :twirl

Ozarks:)

In them hills, excitement exists this year for BMWGS/GSAs. Ian seems to have some plans:). I rode there a couple years ago into the deep Ozarks in route to Tennessee Rally. What fun the Ozarks provide, worth seeing:). Look up Oark,Ark, a very tiny burb in nowhereville, Ark. GS Heaven... Randy

Attachments

• P7140072.jpg
    P7140072.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,002
Out of Oark;

This is what leaves Oark, ARK..One lane paved in and dirt out, unless you turn around. I don't turn around:). Many dirt byways all over. Dry conditions here this day and wet would likely be interesting on the red dirt roads, all fun:). The roads don't seem to have signs, just folk in Oark pointing to them, go thar, just past the firehouse, not labeled! Everybody knows the firehouse, all 3 of'em in town. GOOD FOOD at the one store grill, one gas pump kind a place. Since the Civil War, Oark has existed with a general store never closing. Arkanasas' oldest existing place of such...Ya'll find it:)Randy:thumb

Attachments

• P7140067.jpg
    P7140067.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 344
Only way to go to a Rally!

It was the best $100 I've spent hands down.:nod Great food and beer :drink teamed up with even better friends:buds and rides makes for an unforgetable week. They've got it all covered. Terrain for the insane and first time riders alike. You choose your skill level and enjoy. You can't go wrong. :thumb Who knows you could even get lucky and win a fantastic prize. Come and join a family that knows how to have a good time. :dance :beer

Doin' Da Bump!

Scott, we need to talk about your travel plans! I'm travelling solo and hoping to pick up with friends along the way.

Hmmm, maybe the Queen can hold knighthood ceremonies on the road! :bow

GS Giant Fun

Last years MOA Rally was by far the best time I have had on my GS. The rides were Epic the food and drink were fantastic. But the best was meeting and hanging out with all the fellow GSers. I met alot of great people and made alot of new friendships. I am looking forward to this years Rally. I'm sure 2012 will be even bigger and better than last year, and that sets the bar way up there. I can't thank :clap all the people enough who put it all together. My helmet goes off to everyone who makes this possible for all to enjoy. Hope to see you in the dirt or rocks. (on both wheels of course) Even when things got tough there was always a smile.

Roy

Attachments

• HPIM0857.jpg
    HPIM0857.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 295
Back