• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

I'm hit'in the road Sunday with another GSA from my neighborhood for points East:). Not sitt'in this one out IF I can get there and I have time to take r easy leaving early. A stopover at the TOR Rally is the idea for this GSA guy. Really hoping to see all come Sunday the 15th around 5PM. I ride bruised this time, but real happy to "get after" it again. I am not computer aided on the road, so I'll miss the chat until there. I Phone though:). Give me a shout if ya can as I travel, I'll call back. 559-288-2555...May need a cool spot to rest, come mid Kansas/Oklahoma. Still here for a couple more days. Later, Randy:thumb

Randy, Ride safe and I'll see you in Oark. Pie is waiting at the end of the road.

Rick

iguana.jpg

Gypys tour/gs giant packet?

Are you referring to the Gypsy Tour and GS Giant packet? If so, nothing will be mailed but it will be emailed out to you a week or so before the start date. This way, no one has an unfair advantage to earn points.

As we get closer, you will see many more posts about the event here, on Facebook, ADV, and hopefully the GSG website. There may even be a point scoring surprise or two and hints on how you can bribe the queen! :whistle
OK, ARE WE IN THE WINDOW FOR THE EMAIL??? LOL :dance

Looking forward to another great GS ride this year, seeing everyone :waveand just having a great time with all the Giants. Last year was a blast. Plus you get the opportunity or excuse to upgrade your ride ( new skid plate and exhaust, thanks to a few rocks ) lol.

Everyone involved in putting the tour together does an unbelievable job. A Big Thanks

Roy
BigRig

Hehe:)

Yeah, I just painted and put my aluminum valve cover skids back on the GSA today early. :) She's look'in stylish again. Probably quite dirty again by the time I get far out a here. Anybody shows up in OARK with a spit shinned GS/GSA gets riddled hard:). Better at least be a good BUG collection on the front. Randy

OK, ARE WE IN THE WINDOW FOR THE EMAIL??? LOL :dance

Watch for your email on Sunday!

And after reading this post and the quoted post within, I realize there is a distince LACK OF BRIBERY going on!!!! Come on, people!

Bribes?

And after reading this post and the quoted post within, I realize there is a distince LACK OF BRIBERY going on!!!! Come on, people![/QUOTE]
so what would an ice cold Shiner Bock Black delivered from Texas and a nice Cigar get me.

Last edited:
Anybody shows up in OARK with a spit shinned GS/GSA gets riddled hard:). Better at least be a good BUG collection on the front. Randy

Lt. Dan is working on a special set of trophies. One of them is the WTF Award for the Cleanest Bike. :ha

And after reading this post and the quoted post within, I realize there is a distince LACK OF BRIBERY going on!!!! Come on, people!
so what would an ice cold Shiner Bock Black delivered from Texas and a nice Cigar get me.[/QUOTE]

While I appreciate the thought, we will have plenty of good beer and cigars do nothing for me. Although a good cold beer is way better thana big bag of melted chocolate. Right, Scott?? :stick

Lt Dan

Has the same hat as Kevin. They must be related

Attachments

• gsmud 001.jpg
    gsmud 001.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 65
All Gypsies

are not GS Giants, But all GS Giants are Gypsies

Attachments

• gsmud 011.jpg
    gsmud 011.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 63
Enjoy this travelogue...

...by good friend Jon Beck.

It's what you do when you ride an Adventure Summit.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nzc9NY6FdS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pre-Rally GS Training

We're still working on some of the finer points, but here are some of the challenges on the track. Get ready!

roots.jpg

mud.jpg

twotrack.jpg

ruts.jpg

:thumb

Hi All,

Lot's of fun tricks to handle challenges like these. We'll cover them in two mornings of free training at the Gypsy Tour, Oark, AR July 16-17. And you get points for attending (10 points total, 5 for each day).

Here's a sample: when crossing roots or trees on a sidehill trail anticipate the tires sliding downslope. Either change your angle of approach or look for a downslope branch/knot to hold the wheel. Keep the front wheel light or wheelie over as you cross so it's less likely to slip but chop the throttle IMMEDIATELY after the front wheel clears. Then smoothly get back on the power AFTER the rear wheel crosses. To make this crossing you will need a little momentum.

This technique is pretty to learn and practice. We start in first gear over a small pole on flat ground.

We'll also cover two-track and ruts, slow speed and fast, and of course your favorite and mine, sand and gravel...

See you there,
Coach

SCOREBOOKS ARE OUT!!!
They were emailed this morning. If you didn't get one, check your spam filter and speak up!

Polaebear Update

Just got off the phone with our friend Randy(Polarbear), he is in Nevada ,Rt.50 doing and feeling fine.

Back