• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

Self Explanatory

IMG_3309.jpg
[/IMG]

Arkansas does have great riding and Oark is a great place for lunch:

P1000585.JPG

Missouri also has some fantastic riding and thinks to see:

We have swinging bridges:

P1010017.JPG

High Bridges:

P1010009.JPG

Big Rivers:

P1000168.JPG

Beautiful Fields:

P1000271.JPG

Huge Springs:

P1000680.JPG

Old Towns:

P1000860.JPG

Historic Cemeteries:

P1020319.JPG

Grist Mills:

P1000704.JPG

Civil War Battlefields:

P1020340.JPG

Remote Roads:

P1000702.JPG

And Fun Roads:

P1000186.JPG

See you all in Missouri and Arkansas.

Last edited:
Gnat? GNAT??? This from Mr. I-can't-ride-because-of-a grad-party. We'll talk!

Jayhawk Fan, tell me more about the hot spring! Where is it?

Gnat? GNAT??? This from Mr. I-can't-ride-because-of-a grad-party. We'll talk!

Jayhawk Fan, tell me more about the hot spring! Where is it?
It is not a hot spring. That picture is from Big Springs, part of the Ozark National Scenic Riverways. That spring and two others are the largest springs in America. Depending on weather any one of the 3 springs could be the largest at that time.

Not Hot....even better!

Think you can find GPS coordinates? I think the Queen will hold court there!

GS required?

I am a BMWMOA member and have two BMW GSs in my shop but I prefer my KLR as my adventure bike. I am really interested in the GS Giant as I love to ride, eat & party. Is the event exclusive to the GS model?

I am a BMWMOA member and have two BMW GSs in my shop but I prefer my KLR as my adventure bike. I am really interested in the GS Giant as I love to ride, eat & party. Is the event exclusive to the GS model?

Not exclusive at all. Come on and ride, eat and party with us.

I'll see you there.

The Queen does not discriminate against KLR's. There is one in her garage too!

There's a ton o'fun to be had throughout the Gypsy tour and other events, although I believe you need a GS to win the track competition. I'll need to confirm that.

...although I believe you need a GS to win the track competition. I'll need to confirm that.

nay, my Queen... you can win on the track riding any kind of motorcycle.

The points you score on the track are weighted to level the field.

A light bike that cleans the entire "hard" path gets less points than a middleweight bike doing the same, which gets less points than a heavy bike.

And if some wiseacre shows up on an observed trials bike, everyone else in the competition gets 5 million GS BS points to make things even. :ha

Ian

Arkansas does have great riding and Oark is a great place for lunch:

P1000585.JPG

Missouri also has some fantastic riding and thinks to see:

We have swinging bridges:

P1010017.JPG

...snipp

See you all in Missouri and Arkansas.

Awesome post, Eddie... it's great to see you here. :thumb

There will be more information in the June issue of the BMW ON, but let's just say that Eddie is *Mister Waypoint* and the scheming mind behind the MO FO Corners Tour at this year's GS Giant event.

Awesome post, Eddie... it's great to see you here. :thumb

There will be more information in the June issue of the BMW ON, but let's just say that Eddie is *Mister Waypoint* and the scheming mind behind the MO FO Corners Tour at this year's GS Giant event.
Thanks Ian.

I'm really not a master of anything but just a clown with a GSA and GPS that loves to explore MO. :jester

Missouri also has some crazy animals running around:

P1000842.JPG

Can you find Pearson's Cabin?

It's in the middle of somewhere in Arkansas, not too far from where the GS Gypsy Tour riders will be camping (and eating, partying and swimming in the Mulberry River.... )

This will be worth some points and if Bud Pearson happens to be around, get your picture with him for a few GS BS points. Watch out, though... Bud is said to bend your ear. :laugh

Thanks for this one goes to Troy Wolf, one of the Ozark boys that are helping lay out some routes. He's buddies with Ajayhawkfan... good peeps. :nod

PA012991.JPG

Back