• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

bmw mc related article in WSJ

robsryder

Motorcycleton
In today's (24 Jan 2012) Wall Street Journal there was an article about exercise using a motorcycle - no it did not involve picking up a dropped bike! In the article one individual returns to riding after a 15 year absence. This person gets a BMW off-road bike and takes a RawHyde course and decides to ride along with the Dakar race (different route from the actual racers, however).

The photos accompanying the article show a K bike not the expected GS. This looks like a fluff piece that required little research or knowledge by the author.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...7159353677540984.html?KEYWORDS=bmw+motorcycle

I am getting the WSJ at work. I have always ignored anything their "experts" write about cars or motorcycles. They have no clue and do not seem to do any research. Wonder what they would say, if an editor at Cylce World would have a column about the stock market...:scratch

It's a fine article, but I'd agree it's not very testosterone laced. It could have been Harley centered, after all.

In today's (24 Jan 2012) Wall Street Journal there was an article about exercise using a motorcycle - no it did not involve picking up a dropped bike! In the article one individual returns to riding after a 15 year absence. This person gets a BMW off-road bike and takes a RawHyde course and decides to ride along with the Dakar race (different route from the actual racers, however).

The cover of ON, an article in the Wall Street Journel and its only January. The best ads are the free ones so let the subscribers pay the ride. :thumb

Dakar tourist rides - apparently motorcycling's Everest - that said, I wouldn't turn down the oppotunity if someone handed me a free pass.

at least he sought training and his chicken strips aren't too big

Regardless - the article and photos are a flop

If they had stuck to the first subject, that riding a motorcycle (particularly off road) is good exercise, it would have been a better read.

Back