• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

AMA Women and Motorcycling Conference

RT_KID

Looking for more information about what the Conference from July 20-26 entails ... does anyone have further details.

That's because the speakers haven't been selected yet. They'll choose from a wide variety of great ones some time in March.

But, you can save lots of money preregistering if you do it by April 30th. ($125 vs 175)

Having been to one I do know you'll have a grand time!

Voni
sMiling

Beemers will be a minority there. If you are hoping to connect with BMW riders, I recommend any of the great MOA rallies and events Or the RA rally. If you are hoping to connect with women riders, you will meet some of the most interesting women riders on the planet at the MOA and RA events.

That said, there will be interesting seminars and points of view at the women in motorcycling rally. As Voni said, register early to save money. I'm planning to be there but will be in major jet lag as I'll be in Poland on the Monday before. Planning to ride to Las Vegas earlier and leave my bike in a friend's garage, fly to Warsaw, rent and ride to a rally there, fly back to Vegas on the Tuesday and ride to Carson City. Yes, I'm nuts!

Holly

We will miss you but I'm sure you will have a ton of fun!

This will be my first solo venture. Matt is heading to Alaska for six weeks. I have plans to attend the rally and GS Giant events, come home, then meet him at Mackinac Island a few weeks later for the journey home.

You'll do fine solo, Tracy. You'll be too busy to notice in Sedalia, and the ride to Mackinac Island should be fun.

Here is a video of the Parade des Nations at last year's FIM rally in Austria. It really is all about waving the flag. If you don't blink around 3:30 you can see me go by waving the Canadian flag. :ca Guess I blinked when the sole American rider went by.

I was wondering what you might be up to about the time of the MOA and AMA events, Holly. So now I know! You are out to exhaust yourself...again and have one fantastic time.... again! I will be sorry to not see you in Sedalia. I was even muttering to myself about leaving from Sedalia to attend the AMA Conference but...I don't know..I wonder if anyone else would be thinking along these lines. Just musin' up here in the snow!!

Sue in Meaford

Tour to Women & Motorycling Conference

I am planning on leading a Women's Empowerment Motorcycle Tour from Denver to the the Women & Motorcycling Conference in Carson City, where I am hoping to be a presenter.

The AMA said they would be choosing and announcing the speakers in April. I went to the last conference in Keystone, CO and really enjoyed meeting all the women and attending some of the seminars. I usually do MOA rallies, but this was a nice change and I think it is important for us women to make ourselves visible to the motorcycle manufacturers and moto industry in general. We need to get as many women involved as possible.

I think it is important for us women to make ourselves visible to the motorcycle manufacturers and moto industry in general. We need to get as many women involved as possible.

I'd go for better visibility with BMW intead.

How can steering ANYBODY to Harley, etc., be a good thing in comparison?
How can steering ANYBODY to "loud pipes save lives" be a good thing?
How can steering ANYBODY to "helmets should be optional" a good thing?

Why settle for "general" when there's BMW?

I am planning on leading a Women's Empowerment Motorcycle Tour from Denver to the the Women & Motorcycling Conference in Carson City, where I am hoping to be a presenter.

I'll look forward to seeing you there Karen. It looks like I am going to be a presenter. Just hoping I am sufficiently over the jet lag so I don't fall asleep during my own presentation! I'll be staying at my son's place in Westminster, CO enroute to Vegas. A tour from Denver to Carson City will be great. Lucky women who get to ride with you.

I was wondering what you might be up to about the time of the MOA and AMA events, Holly. So now I know! You are out to exhaust yourself...again and have one fantastic time.... again! I will be sorry to not see you in Sedalia. I was even muttering to myself about leaving from Sedalia to attend the AMA Conference but...I don't know..I wonder if anyone else would be thinking along these lines. Just musin' up here in the snow!!

Sue in Meaford

Sue, if you find someone to ride from Sedalia to Carson City with you, I can ride home with you.

I'd go for better visibility with BMW intead.

How can steering ANYBODY to Harley, etc., be a good thing in comparison?
How can steering ANYBODY to "loud pipes save lives" be a good thing?
How can steering ANYBODY to "helmets should be optional" a good thing?

Why settle for "general" when there's BMW?

You're preaching to the choir, here. I agree with your sentiments, but there is a whole other world of motorcycles and motorcycling outside of BMW & Harley. We need to reach them all.

Maybe if we were more visible & vocal about the above mentioned, we could change a few, if not many, minds.

I'll look forward to seeing you there Karen. It looks like I am going to be a presenter. Just hoping I am sufficiently over the jet lag so I don't fall asleep during my own presentation! I'll be staying at my son's place in Westminster, CO enroute to Vegas. A tour from Denver to Carson City will be great. Lucky women who get to ride with you.

Holly, that's great! I hope we can connect there.

How did you find out already that you would be a presenter? If I knew, I could prioritize the time it will take me to prepare my presentation.

It's not confirmed, Karen, but since Tigra has asked if it could be more than one day I'm guessing it is going to be. Looking forward to seeing you there.

I'll be there too. Was at Keystone and had a great time.

I celebrate women riders no matter what we ride!! :dance

I will be riding down there with Harley's, Yamaha's, Triumphs and Beemers...it's all good!!!

Back