• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Brown leathers?

talmadge_w

OK, different strokes and all but the Darth Vader look isn't my style. Anyone out there able to suggest good quality, armored, BROWN, leather riding jackets?

Talmadge

Thurlow Deerskin

I've had my BROWN Thurlow leathers for 21 years.......gorgeous looking...I try to wear 'em to bike events when I take "Igor"....to stay in "period" gear!!

British Motorcycle Gear sells a very classic looking brown jacket they call a Montana. I've a pal that loves his.

There's a learning curve when wearing black leathers. A certain swagger has to be developed:blah.

I wear black leathers but wish there were more brown available. The choices are limited

I've had my BROWN Thurlow leathers for 21 years.......gorgeous looking...I try to wear 'em to bike events when I take "Igor"....to stay in "period" gear!!

+1 on Thurlow...wish they were still in business. I love my old Thurlow! :thumb

Used to be you could get a brown-painted BMW.

yeah.
and there's a good reason that you CANNOT get one today... :laugh

probably anyone who makes custom leathers will do a set in brown for you. i have an old Vetter
Bomber-style riding jacket but no armour in that one.

I'm going to buy one of these once the $6,000,000 arrives from my good friend in Nigeria.

585BRNFRT.jpg

I can expedite the transaction with your Nigerian banker. I will just need a little upfront fee to cover the costs that in turn you will recover when he sends you the money.
:bolt

The U.S. Airforce Cooper A-2 is about the best brown jacket you can own. Also the Airborne, which is a copy of the A-2 is very nice and a better deal price wise. I own both and love em.:thumb

+1 on the A2.. My wife and I have been wearing them since 1990. However mine seems to have ÔÇ£shrunk a littleÔÇØ the past couple of years so I replaced it with the new spec. with inside and hand warmer pockets. It also has a more generous fit then the original, which is still available. By the way, it seems Cooper is no longer in business. However, my new one says ÔÇ£CockpitÔÇØ Ôäó on the label and DWG No. 30-1415 U555-AC-1776. Not cheap, but every bit as nice as the Cooper.

Bill

Like Lord Nelson at Trafalgar, I can see the need for brown pants.... just in case things get overly exciting.

Taylor's Leather, Tullahoma, TN. Some of the finest leather available. Not so great for pants though.

Attachments

• Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 712
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Sounds like I'll need to go to one of the custom shops for what I'm searching for and I'm a little too "frugal" for that - at least without touching some samples first! I currently wear an issue G-1 when I feel like leather but after wearing armored fabric jackets for years putting on an unarmored jacket feels about like riding in a T-shirt.

Back