• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Baja Information

David13

I'm planning a ride to Cabo San Lucas in the second week of March or April.
My stops will be San Quintin, Santa Rosalia, La Paz, and Cabo San Lucas.
Who can recommend hotels/motels. I'm not much interested in pool, etc., but in parking my bike in front of my door. And not being in a bad part of town.
This will be all on road, Highway 1. No off road, or dirt, except where construction runs me onto a detour.
Thanks
dc

I'm planning a ride to Cabo San Lucas in the second week of March or April.
My stops will be San Quintin, Santa Rosalia, La Paz, and Cabo San Lucas.
Who can recommend hotels/motels. I'm not much interested in pool, etc., but in parking my bike in front of my door. And not being in a bad part of town.
This will be all on road, Highway 1. No off road, or dirt, except where construction runs me onto a detour.
Thanks
dc

You may want to stay in Cabo San José instead of San Lucas. You can't avoid fellow-gringos, but there is a cool town square, and calmer atmosphere. The beachfront hotels have everything you don't want, but there are indy hotels in town.

Don't ride at night and don't push yourself. The ride from Santa Rosalia to La Paz is 400 miles and that is a long run for Baja. You can't go as fast as you do in the states. You're also missing some of the best stuff in Baja. It's a magical place and you're blowing it by.
+1 for Cabo San Jose. Cabo San Lucas is a cesspool.

Mission Santa Maria in San Quentin is nice and on the ocean. Another place just south of Santa Rosalia in mulege is Hotel Hacienda Mulege that has a courtyard you can park your bike.

Back