• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tier 1 Gasoline

We have a local station known as Markette (one of many generic food/gas/beer stores) that has begun selling "pure gasoline" at an approximate 40 cents over 87 Octane only. It too is claimed to be 87 octane.

I have yet to test it for alcohol content. I use it in the R90 (no spark knock) and the small yardwork engines, hoping for better storage and lesser damage to rubber parts. I have been using 1oz TCW3 per 5 gallons of gasoline in all the vehicles & the indications I have are that it cleans the combustion areas of the engines as claimed. All seem to be running better with the additive, but I don't discount a placebo effect.

Having just returned from Jamaica & seeing E-10 fuel when I filled up my rental car several times & knowing they had no oil there either, I just googled their source & was led to the Jamaican Petro Corp.. I didn't get the root source, but they said a few things relative to this thread,etc.. One was, that sugar cane(the source of their ethanol as they grow the cane on their island) is 4 times more energy efficient than corn. As corn is known to be our source(I suppose "the source" of ours) & given that our sugar producers are heavily subsidized by you & me, it makes me even more certain we are getting ethanol from the wrong place!Per the Brazilian e.g, we need a politico that will do something on this issue of agricultural sources of energy,esp. when its something we already grow! If I say more it will have to go beyond my immediate knowledge & also head towards politics.
The other things they say, are that they add corrosion inhibitors to counteract that particular baddie from ethanol mixes. Also stated is that they are studying the marine use of ethanol fuel mixes.

Back