• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Mirror Extensions

Darryl Cainey

Sir Darby
A while back I saw some mirror extendtions for a R100RS that somebody made or sold.

I can not remember where I saw them, any ideas.?ë

I contacted George and he is still looking also.

Who posted the photo in the last thread, someone has to know who makes these things?[/QUOTE

I need something like these also for my CS. Wondering about vibration though. The stock mirrors already blur a fair bit.

I did some looking on one of my computers. I knew I'd saved some info on those back in 2009. This is dated info, but this is what I have:
Contact Bill Casali at sbcasl@bellsouth.net
He was located in South Florida
The price at that time was $100 a set
Good luck

Nicks mirror extentions work great, i have a set.
I've been told he is out of stock, and has no immediate plans to make a batch.
Hopefully I'm wrong.

Hmmm...

I had a set of those extensions on my RS and they did the job. They were wide enough that I could see what was going on behind and beside me, vibration Wasn't a problem at all and they certainly looked the biz. I bought the last set available, delivered to me at at the 2009 MOA Rally and the guy who made em, swore that he wasn't going to make any more. Too much work!

The one issue I had was that one side was always loosening at inopportune times, because it needed a reverse threaded nut and bolt. I ended up removing my extensions when I sold the RS and passed them on to new RS driver.

AFAIK, no one is making mirror extensions at this time.

Their Back

I did some looking on one of my computers. I knew I'd saved some info on those back in 2009. This is dated info, but this is what I have:
Contact Bill Casali at sbcasl@bellsouth.net
He was located in South Florida
The price at that time was $100 a set
Good luck

I heard back from Bill, and he is willing to make some more of his mirror extenders.
If you are interested use the contact info above. I didnt ask him about pricing.
He said he will advertise them here again.

He said he will advertise them here again.

/ mod hat on /

Be advised, advertising directly in the tech forums is not acceptable per the posting guidelines. If he wants to go to the Flea Market or use the Member Opportunities to indicate his services, that would be fine.

Thanks...

/ mod hat off /

/ mod hat on /

Be advised, advertising directly in the tech forums is not acceptable per the posting guidelines. If he wants to go to the Flea Market or use the Member Opportunities to indicate his services, that would be fine.

Thanks...

/ mod hat off /

Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure He is aware of the posting guidelines.

Update

Bill will be starting production soon. I was incorrect about where he will advertise them.
He will advertise them over at IBMWR as he did in the past. His pricing I believe will stay the same. I ordered a set from him today.

Just make sure that he includes a reverse threaded nut and bolt on one side.

Having the right mirror go floppy at 80MPH is a bit disconcerting and inless youer carrying an 10mm Socket wrench in your tank bag, you're kinda screwed.

JAMHIK! :rofl

RS mirror extensions

so guys i'm a bit late

R100RS mirror extensions made and sold by Nick Greear is Bill or anyone thinking of/ or making RS mirror extensions??

9/2013

jim

Diy

Here's what I did on my RS:
You can buy OEM mirror mounts (called "mirror base") for not much $.
46 63 1 236 129 MIRROR BASE LEFT - BLACK $8.98
46 63 1 236 130 MIRROR BASE RIGHT - $8.98
I drilled out the hole that the original mirror bolted into. I then took an afteremarket stalk mounted mirror of decent quality and bolted it to the OEM mirror mount. A bit of grinding with the dremel and it looked and worked very well. I unbolted the originals (mounts and mirrors) and put them in a box, so I could go back to stock if all I want to see is my elbows.
Theo Marks
'74 R75/6
'88 R100RS (gone but not forgotten)

Back