• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fashionista

J

johnnywishbone

i have a couple of bmw leather suits. i like them a lot, in the right weather. the uniform of choice seems to be the fabric suits. i have a couple. i prefer the leather, but i am an old codger not a boy racer.
when i raced, i wore an ugly black harley leather suit. the leathers i have now are not gaudy, but they are far from "darth vader".
am i the only one under 70 who wears these suits?
the king of the alps is my role model. when i grow up, i want to look just like him.
except i'll be shorter. jp

Wear what your comfortable with and keeps you safe. None of my gear makes me look like a fashion plate, that's for sure!

i have a couple of bmw leather suits. i like them a lot, in the right weather. the uniform of choice seems to be the fabric suits. i have a couple. i prefer the leather, but i am an old codger not a boy racer.
when i raced, i wore an ugly black harley leather suit. the leathers i have now are not gaudy, but they are far from "darth vader".
am i the only one under 70 who wears these suits?
the king of the alps is my role model. when i grow up, i want to look just like him.
except i'll be shorter. jp
+1 on what makes you comfortable. A nice old broken in set of leathers is like an old friend.

+1 too,

My favorite riding jacket is a 25 year old Thurlow Deerskin. Custom made for me and it's ultra comfortable. I have other jackets for when it's 'really' cold, or 'really' hot, but since we live in a moderate climate the Thurlow is uber useful.

:dance

+1 too,

My favorite riding jacket is a 25 year old Thurlow Deerskin. Custom made for me and it's ultra comfortable. I have other jackets for when it's 'really' cold, or 'really' hot, but since we live in a moderate climate the Thurlow is uber useful.

:dance

I am absolutely certain that if I had a 25 year old custom jacket, made just for me, alas, it would no longer fit. :)

thurlow

i bought a thurlow jacket for my little brother. he's twice my size. he got too fat. gave it back to me. thurlow cut it up and made it fit me. got the matching gloves. if they made shoes and a purse.......... no. that's a bit much.

i've seen thurlow stuff on ebay dirt cheap. some people think it's the best there is.

Is Thurlow still around. Had an issue with a pair of gloves a few years ago and never was able to resolve it. No answer to phone calls and then the web site disappeared.

I wore full leather suits when i was a young club racer,
I still have an old Hein Gerike leather jacket that I cannot bear to part with.
When it shrunk ( bad closet air) I got a zipper strip made so i can still use the jacket.

My daily ride gear is mostly textile now though.

I LOVE my leathers, even if they aren't all red! I wear them a lot spring and fall.

Voni
sMiling

Is Thurlow still around. Had an issue with a pair of gloves a few years ago and never was able to resolve it. No answer to phone calls and then the web site disappeared.

Nope, Thurlow went under some time ago...DARN! I really like their gloves too, but at least Lee Park gloves are every bit as nice... :dunno

new in '73; same bike, same jacket...

Attachments

• sameosameo.jpg
    sameosameo.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 380
Before leathers

Hows this for an original Barbour International 2 piece. The original touring / adventure touring wear.
DSC05222.jpg

my first riding suit was a Vanson jacket

and a pair of Kevlar jeans...

Loved that jacket in temps from about 65 - 75. And dry... other than that, i hated it. :banghead

so when it shrank in that old closet air... i sold it.

Back