• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

GS Giants State of the Union and Call to Action

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
It’s the new year and we are well on our way in building our GS Giant adventure riding community. Our mission in life is to support adventure riders by helping out with as many events as we can, and we're glad you're a part of it.

You and your friends can expect countless opportunities for new adventures. The club's setup is making great progress and below is an update on where we are and where we are going.

Some of our accomplishments:

• The community has been going strong on Facebook with continued contributions to the group. Please remember to visit and post. Get your friends to like the Giant. This is our best way to get the word out.
• We established ourselves as an official BMW MOA chartered club and incorporated as a not for profit organization making it more practical to setup riding events.
• We now have a way to collect and manage funds to support these events.
• We are about to launch our initial website with an event calendar and forum. It'll be a great place to hang out, get news about this year's GS Giant and other events, and where you can register for everything being planned.
• Several Giants have ridden in recent dual-sport events, and more are planning to ride additional events in the months surrounding the MOA rally.
• We established an initial set of events that will get even more rides and events started.​

Your help is needed to continue making progress.

We haven’t set up a formalized dues structure to fund club administrative activities like charter fees, insurance, legal support, website hosting, signage, etc. We need some funding to complete these necessary activities. Please help us accomplish our goals with a donation to the GS Giants. Click here: Pay Pal - GS Giants or visit The GS Giant Facebook page for information on how to donate.

With adequate funding, here is where we are going:

• Organize the annual March Moto Madness event, March 29-31 in east Tennessee.
• Set up a GS event in Utah coinciding with the MotoGP and Superbike races.
• Support the next GS Giant event at the Missouri MOA rally with volunteers.
• Establish the first annual GS Octoberfest rally.
• Continue to organize local rides and events as well as promote new membership.
• Work with local dual sport ride organizers to include big bike friendly rides.
• Become an AMA chartered club with the ability to officially organize, insure, and promote events.
• Grow the website and forums with expanded relevant content.​

We need to act quickly and get the word out. The riding season will be in full swing before long. Please be sure to post often in the GS Giant Facebook page, follow @TheGSGiant on Twitter and like, retweet and comment as much as you can.

The time is now. Almost every manufacturer now has an “adventure bike” in their lineup, which is a great sign that our sport is definitely growing. Stats show that more riders are choosing the adventure bikes, so that's our opportunity to grow our community by welcoming new riders and helping out at events. Help us grow the club so we have a place for new riders to find like-minded individuals to share in new adventures.

Last edited:
Ditto:)

Great to hear the GS Legacy lives in so many/all of us:). Best regards with forming such... Just one FYI; Some, mainly ME I guess, never use tweeter or facebook, never have and probably not likely to in my immediate future. PLEASE stay with us here too, as its my only outlet to the BMW orgs....Hi again to all...GSA1200Randy"Polarbear":thumb:dance:usa

Great to hear the GS Legacy lives in so many/all of us:). Best regards with forming such... Just one FYI; Some, mainly ME I guess, never use tweeter or facebook, never have and probably not likely to in my immediate future. PLEASE stay with us here too, as its my only outlet to the BMW orgs....Hi again to all...GSA1200Randy"Polarbear":thumb:dance:usa

hey Randy, you instigator.

I've been looking around Oark... :evil

News to follow soon.

Hi All I'm ready.
Tracy, I see something for an Octoberfest. I do not want to plan another Falldown if it will cause conflict. Let me know what is up.

Rick

I agree with Polarbear. I am not much on the Facebook Twitter thing either.
I am new to the GS Adventure scene. Just did the Rawhyde intro Nov, & ready to get into the GS thing. I hope you can get the website up & running soon, I am ready to join.
captwheel
ps: am sending a donation now:usa

Thanks, Captain! Your donation will help speed the process!

Meanwhile, keep an eye out here on the forum. We are trying to make sure every base is covered.

I like your ideas and the fact you are following thru on them.......sent a little to the cause.

Good Luck and hope to ride with some of you.

Don

Good Luck and hope to ride with some of you.

Don - same here... we really must get out together. You're aware of March Moto Madness, right? That might be an opportunity.

I am also leading a dual-sport ride in Alabama in April, for the MOA Weekend getaway. That'll be a fairly light ride but fun, through the Talladegha NF.

thanks for throwing a few bucks the Giants' way... :thumb

Ian

Don - same here... we really must get out together. You're aware of March Moto Madness, right? That might be an opportunity.

I am also leading a dual-sport ride in Alabama in April, for the MOA Weekend getaway. That'll be a fairly light ride but fun, through the Talladegha NF.

Ian

:bow Thanks to the generosity of the BMW Performance Center and our affiliation with The GS Giants we have a huge Grand Prize for March Moto Madness. :dance

2 Day off road training at the BMW Performance Center in Greer, SC.
:clap :thumb BMW Performance Center :thumb :rocker

This is a $1,095 prize package and includes 2 days off road training with bike rental included, BMW GS 650, 800 or 1200, and lunch both days. The winner will be responsible for transportation to and from and their lodging.

This, along with the other great door prizes that have been genorously donated, just adds to the great time we'll have at MMM.

'Yall join us! We're gonna have a great time.
Spread the word :blah

Ian

Ian and Kevin

I am working on March Madness.....but business may kill that.

So at the worst I will see you in Oxford. The TNF is cool. There is some fun stuff at the end of Skyline Drive, White Gap, the road road up to the old Fire Tower along with the last part of FS 600 to Union T Road.

Don

I'm recovering GSA'r;

Been ailing here with health issues, but back in the saddle again this last week or so now:). No more about that, just great riding ahead. I'ma WEST Coaster(California) and Death Valley comes to mind as my regular hangout every Jan.,Feb. and its late this year, BUT next year I plan to have DV on the GSGiant list of ops:)....Our snow year here is much in the duldrums and a likely early riding season into the high Sierra's is likely this Spring:). I am in the central western slope of the Sierra's, Mono Hot Springs and the like are my backyard, so prepare ALL ya GS/GSArs for something from my backyard:), coming soon enough. Its far riding to get here for many of ya, but you got the time, I got the places:). Visian, Newstar, I'm still here and will contribute soon with $$$, towards "GSG". Just getting over some serious med bills:(. Just Updated my GSA with a new set of Ohlins too:). Randy"Polarbear", almost 60now, pushing hard to be there many more years offroad:). After i'm 60 in a few months, we'll have to start a senior Giant division, LOL. The 'Bear..... PS; I know some of ya are there already!:usa:dance

Randy

Sorry to hear you were poorly, but happy you are up and around again. Enjoy the early Spring rides.

Rick

Pick me up:)

I am almost back and riding the GSA again this past two weeks. I am afraid far away riding may take some patience! The Ohlin's got me smiling again, even though the GSA is quite taller with'em on. I tip toe again, still managing:). I wonder how many of us are 60+ in age, still at dirt play:)...? When I fall from the GSA now, its a much slower routine getting her back on her rubber. I take body inventory now, think about it, rest a while, drink some water,take a picture and then maybe pick her back up:). Whats the rush. Anyhow, for a IB high mileage rider, I am not the norm lately, but biting at the bit to run again very soon:). I HOPE the funds are flowing enough for GSG org. so far... I am tardy I know:( Randy

Back