Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GS Giants State of the Union and Call to Action

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Don - same here... we really must get out together. You're aware of March Moto Madness, right? That might be an opportunity.

I am also leading a dual-sport ride in Alabama in April, for the MOA Weekend getaway. That'll be a fairly light ride but fun, through the Talladegha NF.

thanks for throwing a few bucks the Giants' way...

Ian
    Ian and Kevin

I am working on March Madness.....but business may kill that.

So at the worst I will see you in Oxford. The TNF is cool. There is some fun stuff at the end of Skyline Drive, White Gap, the road road up to the old Fire Tower along with the last part of FS 600 to Union T Road.

Don
    Don
    '12 R1200 GS Adventure, '05 DRZ 400, '08 Royal Enfield Bullet
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

I'm recovering GSA'r;

Been ailing here with health issues, but back in the saddle again this last week or so now. No more about that, just great riding ahead. I'ma WEST Coaster(California) and Death Valley comes to mind as my regular hangout every Jan.,Feb. and its late this year, BUT next year I plan to have DV on the GSGiant list of ops....Our snow year here is much in the duldrums and a likely early riding season into the high Sierra's is likely this Spring. I am in the central western slope of the Sierra's, Mono Hot Springs and the like are my backyard, so prepare ALL ya GS/GSArs for something from my backyard, coming soon enough. Its far riding to get here for many of ya, but you got the time, I got the places. Visian, Newstar, I'm still here and will contribute soon with $$$, towards "GSG". Just getting over some serious med bills. Just Updated my GSA with a new set of Ohlins too. Randy"Polarbear", almost 60now, pushing hard to be there many more years offroad. After i'm 60 in a few months, we'll have to start a senior Giant division, LOL. The 'Bear..... PS; I know some of ya are there already!

Randy

Sorry to hear you were poorly, but happy you are up and around again. Enjoy the early Spring rides.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    After i'm 60 in a few months, we'll have to start a senior Giant division, LOL. The 'Bear.....
    The Geriatric Giants?

sorry to hear you're a bit down buddy, but not too down for Ohlins.

ian

Pick me up:)

I am almost back and riding the GSA again this past two weeks. I am afraid far away riding may take some patience! The Ohlin's got me smiling again, even though the GSA is quite taller with'em on. I tip toe again, still managing. I wonder how many of us are 60+ in age, still at dirt play...? When I fall from the GSA now, its a much slower routine getting her back on her rubber. I take body inventory now, think about it, rest a while, drink some water,take a picture and then maybe pick her back up. Whats the rush. Anyhow, for a IB high mileage rider, I am not the norm lately, but biting at the bit to run again very soon. I HOPE the funds are flowing enough for GSG org. so far... I am tardy I know Randy

I am going to be 61 in a couple of months. I plan on riding as long as I can . I guess you are as old as you feel .
    I really like Death Valley . I rode out a couple of winters ago .
    I would look foward to another ride out there.
    R1150 GS R100 RS XT 500 CL-72

Find me:)

I ride DV a lot every year around Jan.,Feb.. Always on my GSA1200 or KLR650. Great riding. I know leaving Colorado in Winter gets interesting! DV until about April is still enjoyable enough, but later gets HOT. Its not a biker friendly Spring through Fall kind a place. I live about 300m NW of it. WE WILL have to have a GSGiant event there, for those hardy Winter riders from East. Always a LOT of riders, all types there in DV Winter. Randy"Polarbear"