It’s the new year and we are well on our way in building our GS Giant adventure riding community. Our mission in life is to support adventure riders by helping out with as many events as we can, and we're glad you're a part of it.
You and your friends can expect countless opportunities for new adventures. The club's setup is making great progress and below is an update on where we are and where we are going.
Some of our accomplishments:
• The community has been going strong on Facebook with continued contributions to the group. Please remember to visit and post. Get your friends to like the Giant. This is our best way to get the word out.
• We established ourselves as an official BMW MOA chartered club and incorporated as a not for profit organization making it more practical to setup riding events.
• We now have a way to collect and manage funds to support these events.
• We are about to launch our initial website with an event calendar and forum. It'll be a great place to hang out, get news about this year's GS Giant and other events, and where you can register for everything being planned.
• Several Giants have ridden in recent dual-sport events, and more are planning to ride additional events in the months surrounding the MOA rally.
• We established an initial set of events that will get even more rides and events started.
Your help is needed to continue making progress.
We haven’t set up a formalized dues structure to fund club administrative activities like charter fees, insurance, legal support, website hosting, signage, etc. We need some funding to complete these necessary activities. Please help us accomplish our goals with a donation to the GS Giants. Click here: Pay Pal - GS Giants or visit The GS Giant Facebook page for information on how to donate.
With adequate funding, here is where we are going:
• Organize the annual March Moto Madness event, March 29-31 in east Tennessee.
• Set up a GS event in Utah coinciding with the MotoGP and Superbike races.
• Support the next GS Giant event at the Missouri MOA rally with volunteers.
• Establish the first annual GS Octoberfest rally.
• Continue to organize local rides and events as well as promote new membership.
• Work with local dual sport ride organizers to include big bike friendly rides.
• Become an AMA chartered club with the ability to officially organize, insure, and promote events.
• Grow the website and forums with expanded relevant content.
We need to act quickly and get the word out. The riding season will be in full swing before long. Please be sure to post often in the GS Giant Facebook page, follow @TheGSGiant on Twitter and like, retweet and comment as much as you can.
The time is now. Almost every manufacturer now has an “adventure bike” in their lineup, which is a great sign that our sport is definitely growing. Stats show that more riders are choosing the adventure bikes, so that's our opportunity to grow our community by welcoming new riders and helping out at events. Help us grow the club so we have a place for new riders to find like-minded individuals to share in new adventures.