• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Campers at Sedalia

That would be me, Sharon. Well, according to my wife who swears I snore like a chainsaw. Personally, I've never heard myself and think she's making it up!

@Ken -- Thanks for the heads up! Barley and I are planning on taking a full week to reach the rally via scenic WV/KY/AR but you never know about the weather. It's changed our plans in the past and our alternate route is US 50 from WV to MO. The park sounds like a nice backup plan.

That would be me, Sharon. Well, according to my wife who swears I snore like a chainsaw. Personally, I've never heard myself and think she's making it up!

@Ken -- Thanks for the heads up! Barley and I are planning on taking a full week to reach the rally via scenic WV/KY/AR but you never know about the weather. It's changed our plans in the past and our alternate route is US 50 from WV to MO. The park sounds like a nice backup plan.

You're wife should record you on a tape recorder one night.. and the next night play it back and see if it wakes you up. :D:rofl

The last two times I have camped, I had people who snore really loud pitch their tent right beside me. Needless to say, I didn't sleep too well. Earplugs and my ears do not like each other... Yeah, earplugs really does do wonders... but I can't wear them anymore.

This is the second nod to earplugs I have read so far. Is it me?

Yes, yes it is. :)

At Bloomsburg I went into my tent without anyone too close to me. I swore someone came in the middle of the night and set up right next to me and started snoring three feet from my head. Nope, in the morning I looked over and he was about 20 feet away! :banghead

@Pete - I'm not sure if I'm bringing Trey or not to the rally but I know he would love to play with Barley again.

I customarily camp someplace close enough to the reefer trailers so I can hear them running, so that the quiet wakes me up if they quit. Try it sometime.

Sharon -- I think the secret to playing with Barley is to have his favorite ball...or a small rodent in your pocket. Either way, you'll have his undivided attention. Or, of course, any manner of edibles.

The bummer of his devotion to me is that one of my other two goldens, Tullamore, is beginning to show hints of interest in the sidecar. Tully is exceptionally focused and extremely obedient, but without Barley's prey and food drive. He'd make an exceptionally good sidecar adventure dog, but Barley has dibs on the rig and won't even let my wife ride with me!

Trey must have added a few inches since the last time I saw him. Won't be long before you have to look up at him! :laugh:laugh

Back