• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New BMW owner in San Diego!

B

benthic

Hi all!
To introduce myself:

I took the MSF course here in San Diego back in May 2011, quickly bought a 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit, and promptly crashed it in some local twisties. I spent the next month healing and fixing my bike - the fixing was entirely new to me and mostly cosmetic. The experience was obviously a great lesson in many ways, but it also awakened a hitherto unknown passion for beautiful motorcycles and the desire to make one myself. On December 21, 2011, I couldn't resist anymore and I bought a 1978 BMW R80/7.

It is amazing to find such a passionate assemblage of BMW owners and I hope to learn a lot and make some friends here:)

consider me the newest Airhead:)
Spencer

i-PMSDqqF-M.jpg

Welcome to the BMOA. I'm sure you will enjoy the many things offered by our club. Looks like you've got a great bike going there. Your next assignment, will be to ride to the 40th annual MOA International Rally in Sedalia, MO in July, 19th - 22nd. Your sure to have a great time. And thanks for joining. Just don't tell us about how nice you weather is in your neck of the woods. Some of us have to deal with cold weather part of the year..

Just don't tell us about how nice you weather is in your neck of the woods. Some of us have to deal with cold weather part of the year..

If it makes you feel any better, I left San Diego on Sunday morning to ride up to LA. At 6:30 AM, it was 29 degrees.

Spencer, welcome!

Wow, I guess I did not know it gets that cold in that area of the country. Still, we have been spoiled so far this season with weather in the mid-40's to mid 50's fr highs. Tomorrow though, temps drop into the 20's with 1-3" of snow. I hate snow!

yeah, it is chilly in the mornings right now, but we can't really complain - San Diego is awesome;)

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
Spencer

Welcome to the Forum

Welcome Spencer. That is a nice looking airhead. Mine in a '78 also; It was a might fine year.

San Diego

Welcome Spencer,

I was from San Diego. I lived in Allied Gardens for most my life and now I live and work Naples, Florida. I ride an R1200RT now. When I lived in SD I rode a R90/6 1976 BMW...Ahh...when life was simple!

I miss the mountains of San Diego dropping down into the desert then back home to the beach. Wow, can't do that here in Florida!!

In .....One and a half years we are moving to Scottsdale Arizona...We (my wife and I) will ride the SD mountains and cruise the Borrego Springs desert once again. Maybe our trails will pass and we will meet up!
Welcome!

Dennis Trovato
2009 R1200RT BMW

Thanks all:)

I've been having fun messing around with the bike. It's a blast to ride but needs some tlc and maintenance. Luckily I found Mike V., and he's been giving me oodles of help and advice.

If anyone's interested, some pics of my progress are at:

http://www.blindfishz.com/Topside/1978-BMW-R807/20761995_xgswwS

It's all basic stuff, but I'm having a good time learning.
Spencer

Back