• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Southern Wisconsin Air Head Tech day / Barley therapy Feb 25

Ben says thanks Johnny B for the sweet deal on his new ride, he did only 1027 laps around the house. He said now I can ride to the ralleys. My response was not quite yet.

Attachments

• bens new ride 003.jpg
    bens new ride 003.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 50
Mike, Al and Scott: Thank you for the use of your equipment. 40 grams taken off of one spot and 20 added to another on the front rim. 40 grams added to the rear rim. It really made a difference on the ride today. Up to Jefferson, then down to Petes' in Hebron. It's a much smoother ride now. It was good to shoot the breeze and learn as I watched others work on their bikes. It was a pleasant time with good people. I hope to be there next year. Frank Coleman

Looks like I missed a good social event. I hate when that happens. Actually was supposed to be out of town but ended up canceling that also for a funeral. I see in the picture of the R90/6 that the air breather for the crank case has copper plumbing modifications. Is this preferable to rerout the rubber tub away from the airbox? My /5 hack had this modification and I returned it to stock after seeing some of the other work done my the PO Hope to join you guys next year. :drink
well another

the breather hose is routed then along the frame and dumped rear of the rear fender. We have seen many done this way. It keeps the deposits out of the engine. Look at diesel trucks, they all have a tube hanging down for breather. The down side is it will drip, you will bump into it and get oily, if pulling a trailer it will have spots. Glen @ http://www.thoroughbred-cycles.com/ is a beliver of this. Like I said I have had bikes with it done and and bike with it not done. Its a personal choice weather to dump it back into the engine and create more deposits or dump it back to the earth to kill fish and birds, but that where it came from?

the breather hose is routed then along the frame and dumped rear of the rear fender. We have seen many done this way. It keeps the deposits out of the engine. Look at diesel trucks, they all have a tube hanging down for breather. The down side is it will drip, you will bump into it and get oily, if pulling a trailer it will have spots. Glen @ http://www.thoroughbred-cycles.com/ is a beliver of this. Like I said I have had bikes with it done and and bike with it not done. Its a personal choice weather to dump it back into the engine and create more deposits or dump it back to the earth to kill fish and birds, but that where it came from?

Hey Mike. Thanks for the reply on that. Not really worried about the fish and birds since there seem to be an over abundance in the neighborhood. :nyah

I am curious as to how this tube would exit the engine houseing or the air box housing without adding an additional hole with a drill. I will leave it be and look into it the next time I change the air filter. :brow

Thanks for that link to "Thouroghbred-cycles" I have a Guzzi Eldo I plan on working on soon. :bikes

Good write-up, Mike. I am glad that we got a picture of
Don riding in as proof.

thanks again .. it was fun.

Back