• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Calfironia 2012 Traffic Fines

lmo1131

If you reside in the great state of California, or it you are considering a visit, you may want to review the new 2012 Traffic regs and associated fines: effective 01/01/2012.

Posted in The Club > Regional West, as a courtesy... http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?p=738853#post738853

Also applies in the State of California...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Welp, you do know the solution to the PDRK's (peepuls demokratic republik of kaliphornya) rules and your driving are don't you? There are two of them. Comply with the rules, or leave to a state that suits you better.

Frankly what you posted on the western side of the forum doesn't really surprise me or give me cause for alarm. FWIW in AZ in the late 80's and mid 90's driving without insurance was $1500.00 so the kali fine really doesn't faze me a bit. I also have insurance. We have been avoiding the state for several years now because of the high costs, even for visiting, crowds and some of the drakonian laws.

Avoiding fines is pretty darn easy.

These are all fine (no pun intended), but what about the Linsey Lohan types? Are they reduced for them or written off as promotional costs? I love California...only in America, but really, really, only in California!

talking on a cell phone or texting

is more dangerous than driving over the legal limit for BAC.

the fine should should be more than $148.00

Last edited:
Back