Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Texas Hassle......

Roadside stop.....

I did enjoy this little fella at a popular roadside stop outside of San Antonio.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another Buckeye Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyRider View Post
    I did enjoy this little fella at a popular roadside stop outside of San Antonio.
    Good to see another Buckeye fan!

Lis Dexia
    Ale>< in Akron, OH and that picture is a girl with a cute smile

Jack Herbst

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
    While I like merlot........a good, oakey cab will trump both, anyday!

Also hoping the rest of your trip goes well.
    Wine is for "girly men". After a long hard ride drink a single malt scotch or single barrel Jack Daniels. It'l make a better rider out of ya at least at the debrief!

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Exclamation Tango Blasters

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyRider View Post
    Down at the River walk on a Saturday night with my wife, very touristy but nice.
    We enjoyed visiting the Alamo and eating the local Tex-Mex but .......
    there were large groups of young thugs hanging on the street corners near the Alamo and in the mall following us and spewing racial slurs at my wife....a cute caucasion.
    Their was a heavy police presence about ten officers on each corner with a paddy wagon...no joke. I guess the idea was to keep the trouble makers away from the river walk but up on the street was different.

I've lived all over the world, grew up in L.A. and hadn't experienced anything like that ever.
    The Tangos pretty much run San Antonio. Be glad you didn't go to Sea World. The gang problem has gotten out of hand in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and El Paso. Concealed carry is very popular in Texas.
    Steve Ayers
    # 146297
    1995 R1100R
    NRA Life Member

Down at the River walk on a Saturday night with my wife, very touristy but nice.
    We enjoyed visiting the Alamo and eating the local Tex-Mex but .......
    there were large groups of young thugs hanging on the street corners near the Alamo and in the mall following us and spewing racial slurs at my wife....a cute caucasion.
    Their was a heavy police presence about ten officers on each corner with a paddy wagon...no joke. I guess the idea was to keep the trouble makers away from the river walk but up on the street was different.

I've lived all over the world, grew up in L.A. and hadn't experienced anything like that ever.
    Sorry you had a bad experience in SA. I've lived here for 60+ years, the wife and I go down to the riverwalk/downtown area every week, and I've never had issues like that.

Perhaps because I use two simple rules.
    A) Know what trouble looks like and steer away from it.
    B) Tourists attract crime like s*#t attracts flies. When in a touristy area keep your eyes open and remember the first rule.

In short, being a tourist is like riding a motorcycle. You have to pay attention, you should always have an "out" and the best way to avoid danger is to get away from it.

Next time you happen to be in the area contact me and I'll show you the "real" San Antonio.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue