• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

March Moto Madness, Tellico Plain, TN 3/29 - 4/1

From 2007 March Moto Madness. 6 models of the GS. Need R80 & Dakar models to round it out. Can we get them there this year?

402527_3239479875242_1514144210_32968755_555198132_n.jpg

Kevin

R80G/SPD+ will be in the house!

Ian-755-L.jpg

ian

Oh yeah Ian!
Should have several other, non boxers, as well to add to the GS line.
F800, F650 twin & single, 450

Grand prize announcement

:bow Thanks to the generosity of the BMW Performance Center and our affiliation with The GS Giants we have a huge Grand Prize for March Moto Madness. :dance

2 Day off road training at the BMW Performance Center in Greer, SC.
:clap :thumb BMW Performance Center :thumb :rocker

This is a $1,095 prize package and includes 2 days off road training with bike rental included, BMW GS 650, 800 or 1200, and lunch both days. The winner will be responsible for transportation to and from and their lodging.

This, along with the other great door prizes that have been genorously donated, just adds to the great time we'll have at MMM.

'Yall join us! We're gonna have a great time.
Spread the word :blah

Last edited:
Mega Madness

Mar 18-31: T-storms, then sunny, warm.
So says the Old Farmer's Almanac.
It could be Mega Madness!
:brow:dance

Door Prize Contributors

I've updated the web site with a list of the door prize contributors. :thumb

MMM Door prize contributors

These guys have been very generous so MMM has an impressive list of door prizes. Lots of folks will go home with great gifts. :dance

Here's a few of the great prizes on the list...

2 day off road training from the BMW Perfomance Center :rocker
Kermit chair :brow
1 Day rental of the Twisted Tenere from GSMmotoRent :burnout
Gift certificates from Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters :bliss

We want to make sure and support them like they've suppported us. :clap

The GS Giants are great partners in MMM also. If your into adventure riding check them out.

Tellico Plains Tornado

In case you didn't know. Tellico Plains, TN was hit by a tornado on 3/2.
There was quite a bit of destruction and fortunately no loss of life.

We want to help out the fine folks of Tellico Plains and will be co-ordinating a "work day" for the first day of MMM on 3/29, even 30 days out we're sure that there will be needs in the community and will we coordinate with locals as to what we can do to help.

Additionally, for the people that can't make it for the work day we'll work out some way for contributions to be given to locals.

Please let me know if you'll be willing to help out, in what ever way possible. :thumb

I'll also send out an email to those on the distribution list.

Thanks
Kevin

Location Map, routes into site

MMM LOCATION MAP

I can add "collaborators" that could add other routes, POI's. I'd need an email address.

Checked out the site this weekend. It's gonna be good. :buds

There's great roads just gettin to the site.... on the bikes. :brow

less than 3 weeks. :thumb

Kevin

Awesome weekend!

This looks like an awesome weekend! I hope we can attend, but a lot of obligations might get in the way. If we can't spend the whole weekend, I will try to join for a ride or two.

:groovy

Pre-registration deadline

Pre-registration deadline, to save $10, ends on 3/16. :deal

If they are post marked 3/17 I'll still give you the $10 discount. :clap
(any thing after and it's $55) :brow

Contact me if you need to pay by credit card. (you can message me on here & I'll send you the number)

Or go to www.MarchMotoMadness.com for contact info. Registration forms have email and phone numbers.

'Ya in, 'Ya out???

Kevin

Thinking of you!

Have a blast and be careful! I expect a full report Monday morning.

:buds

Wow!

Thanks y'all!

112 attendees. I haven't got a tally yet but I believe we had about 19 states & Mexico represented at MMM. Some rain on Fri & I think a good time had by all. :clap You can't go wrong in Tellico Plains though. Not a bad ride choice there.

There are quite a few pics up on the MMM thread on ADV already. Check them out, but I'd like some posted here as well. Anyone got any pics to post here? I think I took a total of 10 pics. :buds :laugh

Thanks to everyone that joined us. It's the riders & location that make these things great & thanks to y'all it turned out GREAT!

Kevin

Last edited:
Some photos from Frijole

Our official photographer & videographer, Frijole, has posted some photos on.

Click the photo to go the gallery.

BMW Performance Center Grand Prize Winner

Patrick Davie, Winner of the 2 day off road training from BMW Performance Center in SC.

Patrick bought a KLR about 2 weeks ago & is new to dual sport riding. I don't think there was a better person to win this great prize.

Congrats Patrick & thanks BMW Performance Center.

IMG0720-M.jpg

Here's a video that Bean put together from this years MMM. Enjoy :groovy

best viewed in 720p

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jwq-Y_PccDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back