• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1150RT Sidestand Foot

Mr. Frank

Has anyone tried one of the aftermarket products that attach to the bottom of the sidestand to keep it from sinking in soft ground? Bob's BMW and the Flip-a-Lever people sell one. Are there any others?

I wanted to get one, too. The only problem is the one I wanted, which looked very well made, isn't advertised any longer in the ON. The two in there look fine but I really liked the one I saw a couple years back. There was actually an indentation in the pad that the triangular part of the sidestand fit in. Not sure if it was polymer or metal but it looked cast or molded.

I've also seen another one advertised that you cut off the foot to attach. It changes the lean angle as well. Something else to consider.

MarkF

We've got one of the ones that Mark was talking about on our RS. It's got an indentation that the standard foot fits into and a couple of big washers that hold it in place. It's made out of metal.

I forget who we bought it from, but we got it at one of the nationals, maybe Missoula.

It's still got goo all over it from when the bike needed head gaskets, but maybe it'll help someone else identify it. Sorry this is so out of focus, but you can pretty clearly see how the standard foot fits in a cutout area on the foot.

Attachments

• mvc-108f.jpg
    mvc-108f.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 728
Frank,

I tried one of the big square ones from wunderlich, and it scraped in a big way. Unless you are an extremely conservative rider, or very patient wearing it down, I'd recommend against it. I just use beer cans, rocks, and even used a glove once :cool:

8500038_side_stand_r1150rt.jpg

fwiw, the 1150RT has a larger foot than the 1100RT.

KBASA is correct

That's the one! If someone can identify the maker or seller I'll get one today.

MarkF

Bob's

While at the rally in Canada I bought a sidestand foot from Bob's. It's well crafted but, if the bottom of the sidestand is not really really (new) flat it doesn't mount well. Also, use some locktite on the screws. I lost one of the screws on the trip home.
I found that with the new foot attached I had to lean the bike to the right when I put the stand down. Otherwise it hit the gound and stopped before it was properly deployed.

Now I use one of the oval shaped plastic pads that BMW used to sell. They have a fancy new (more expensive) one. BMW TriState sells a generic pad that works just fine until you leave it somewhere. I have left them at Wal-Mart, the doctors office and South Dakota.

I've been meaning to nail one to the my parking space here at the office but...

Re: Bob's

Random said:
BMW TriState sells a generic pad that works just fine until you leave it somewhere. I have left them at Wal-Mart, the doctors office and South Dakota.

I've been meaning to nail one to the my parking space here at the office but...

The trick is to attach a long string to the disc with a loop on the other end. When you stop, you can lower the disc with the string, and then you loop it over your grip. When you leave, you raise it with the string.

Back