• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

At the 100th Merridian - Where The Great Plains (and my membership) Begin!

txedomoon

Seasoned Greetings Fellow Travelers;
First post by this new member.
Looking forward to learning more about the BMW MOA Community and getting involved with the Red River Valley Chapter in North Dakota. Past three years have been roaming around the regional countryside on my Monza Blue 1976 R90/6 (complete with Krauser bags and matching Luftmeister fairing.) Always have been a fan of BMW and when the timing was right (mid-life crisis/wife allowed/bike was available - you chose) I went for it and have not regretted it. Forum intro's always reminded me of writing your own obituary, so I'll keep this brief. Feel free to drop me a note if you are looking to learn more about me, the bike, my backyard astronomy hobby or the gathering of eccentric, exotic and sometimes good music. heh.

Cheers!
t.

Welcome t -

Sounds like a nice bike to have under you...I like the color too!! Check out the Airheads forum for some good exchanges and occasionally an answer to a question... :laugh We'd love to see a picture of the bike...find the post a pic thread at the top of the Airheads forum.

Welcome aboard.

If your roamings ever bring you down to KS, stop in. Bring your telescope; we've got a sky full of stars.

Tom

Welcome to another Airhead

Seasons Greetings T, from another 76 R90/6 owner. Be sure to check out the Airheads section of the forum. It will have some great pics and info on bike maintenance/restorations, etc.

Mike
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Being a member of other forums (related to other hobbies) I would have never guessed I would have had so much feedback on my intro. Very Cool! As far as pics -- yes, I am in the process of scaling them for post... as far as Highway 81- lol - I think there are 4 all combined. Two between GF and Thompson, one by Buxton and one sweeping curve near Gardner. But on the plus side there are some nice stretches of new blacktop. Not a bad road -- except during sugar beet harvest when you have to watch for BIG trucks and beets that tend to jump off at the wrong times.

Being a member of other forums (related to other hobbies) I would have never guessed I would have had so much feedback on my intro. Very Cool! As far as pics -- yes, I am in the process of scaling them for post... as far as Highway 81- lol - I think there are 4 all combined. Two between GF and Thompson, one by Buxton and one sweeping curve near Gardner. But on the plus side there are some nice stretches of new blacktop. Not a bad road -- except during sugar beet harvest when you have to watch for BIG trucks and beets that tend to jump off at the wrong times.

I lived in GF from 1949 until 1966. That's where I grew up, one block from US 81 (Belmont Road) long before I-29 went past the edge of town. The sugar beet and potato harvest never changes except the machinery and trucks get bigger.

Back