• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Glad to be here

Welcome, Zoom!

Tell us more about your plans and where you're from. Oh, and post a picture of your new bike when you get it!

Springfield, Missouri is where I call home. Rode the Colorado Rockies last summer on my Triumph Tiger. Hope to wrap up some projects at work in July and then take a long trip in August. Thinking about heading North to the Dakota's, West to Wyoming and the Tetons, then down to Colorado before heading home.

Welcome to the Forum. You have just a short ride to our Big Gig in Sedalia next July. Hope to see you there.

Welcome,have you tried the Falling Leaf Rally? Of coarse now you will have to wate until next fall for it:whistle

Springfield, Missouri is where I call home. Rode the Colorado Rockies last summer on my Triumph Tiger. Hope to wrap up some projects at work in July and then take a long trip in August. Thinking about heading North to the Dakota's, West to Wyoming and the Tetons, then down to Colorado before heading home.

There is a chartered club near you, The Springfield BMW Road Riders.

This year, their rally is the weekend before the National.

Jetboat460 (aka Ken Foster) also lives near you and is in that club.

Welcome here!

Ian

I'm planning to attend the Springfield club's ride on New Years Day, and have been following their Facebook page for some time. Wow, only a two hour ride to the International event in Sedalia in July 2012. My calendar is marked!

I'm planning to attend the Springfield club's ride on New Years Day, and have been following their Facebook page for some time. Wow, only a two hour ride to the International event in Sedalia in July 2012. My calendar is marked!

Hey bring that Tiger down after the Springfied Rally and before the National rally and meet up with the GS Giants. We're planning to camp and ride at a real nice place in northern Arkansas... Sunday the 15th through Wednesday morning.

Great dual-sport riding, food, beer, friends... I think you'd really enjoy it.

Ian

Picked up the R12RT yesterday, and took advantage of the 60 degree weather today. Rode 140 break in miles through the rural SW Missouri Ozarks with a few guys on GS's. We even traversed a few low water crossings. The R12RT is wonderfully composed regardless of road conditions. The powered windscreen is amazing, and the ergonomics are excellent for my 5' 9" height and 30" inseam. I did managed to keep the bike under 5,000 rpm except for one or two brief trips to 6,000. If I have one criticism of the R12RT, it would have to be the instrumentation. The LED display is hard to read depending on the sun, and the speedo is simply too small. A digital speed readout would be ideal, but my Zumo will solve that problem. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with my purchase decision and have not one ounce of buyer's remorse!

6f458899.jpg

The LED display is hard to read depending on the sun, and the speedo is simply too small.

Congrats on the RT, I've had eight BMWs over 28 years and it is by far my favourite.

If you want a legible speedometer, get a Canadian market model; it isn't cluttered up with all that MPH nonsense. :laugh

IMG_1330.jpg

Back