Since we have a recent thread with the GS vs GSA I figured I might as well throw in the R1200R comparison since I am hoping to pull the trigger if a good deal can be found at the dealer. Feel free to comment on anything below, it will help me make up my mind:
1. I never ride offroad, just graded dirt roads
2. The GS can get Aeroflow windshield if I feel the need for top notch wind protection. I wonder if the R1200R can keep the helmet in buffet free air with a Scout fairing?
3. The GS can take Jesse top loading luggage, a big plus over the BMW bags on the R1200R.
4. The R1200R handles better on pavement
5. The R 1200R has a better headlight
6. The R1200R is supposedly very stable in cross winds, the GS is supposedly not. A big deal to me since I am one of the few who has been blown off the road.
7. I like practicing some of the motor cop parking lot drills, which means I am definitely going to drop the bike in a parking lot. Availability of crash bars etc. is a factor.
8. The riding position on the R1200R is a little better for me than the GS.
9. The R1200R gets slightly better gas mileage
10. The R1200R is a little cheaper
11. The GS has better resale value