• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2012 saddlesore

waxer109452

Is there any information on a saddlesore 1000 for the Sedalia Rally or is it too early? I did a search and couldn't find anything.
Thanks
Mark

Mark,
Don't believe there has been anything that has come to the forefront as of yet.

I'd begin to watch around springtiime. It definatly will be posted here when the decision is made!

Ken

Mark,
Don't believe there has been anything that has come to the forefront as of yet.

I'd begin to watch around springtiime. It definatly will be posted here when the decision is made!

Ken

Ken,

How far from Springfield does your dad have to drag you for a start of an SS1000 to Sedalia?

Is there any information on a saddlesore 1000 for the Sedalia Rally or is it too early? I did a search and couldn't find anything.
Thanks
Mark

Good afternoon Mark,

We are in the process of putting together a Saddle Sore ride in.

Details will be released after Bike Week (Daytona). I'd expect more information around March 20.

Best,

Rob Nye

Good afternoon Mark,

We are in the process of putting together a Saddle Sore ride in.

Details will be released after Bike Week (Daytona). I'd expect more information around March 20.

Best,

Rob Nye

Thanks Rob
Which day of the week do you normally arrive at the Rally, still trying secure a room?

Mark

Thanks Rob
Which day of the week do you normally arrive at the Rally, still trying secure a room?

Mark

Mark,

I arrive no later than Wednesday. I'm a camper but some of the other IBA staff stay in a hotel, I believe they're all set.

Mark,

I arrive no later than Wednesday. I'm a camper but some of the other IBA staff stay in a hotel, I believe they're all set.

I should have said I'm still trying to secure a room at the rally, wasn't sure which day but sounds like weds.
Thanks

Ken,

How far from Springfield does your dad have to drag you for a start of an SS1000 to Sedalia?

868 miles Paul! Or 434 if we did an out and back. lol

I thijnk he's going to wait until next year when he's 90 so he can capture the age record again! He had it for 3 days at age 88, then Ward Blanchard took it back by doing a ride at age 89 three days later!

Power to 'em!!

Ken

Thanks
Mark

I guess I am missing something. Why would anyone subject his/herself to that kind of danger and punishment on a voluntary basis? :dunno

Jack

To a lot of folks it is neither dangerous in their personal assessment scale or punishment either.

Have done 900 a few times with Helen riding wingbike. Wasn't painful at all and didn't see any dangers while we enjoyed the ride. We just haven't done a 1000 "officially" yet. But we will soon.

It's why we are all wired differently :dance
It's not for everyone and that's fine.

I guess I am missing something. Why would anyone subject his/herself to that kind of danger and punishment on a voluntary basis? :dunno

Jack

Spoken like a true non-believer. I like a challenge. Maybe you don't.

IB certification is something you choose to do. If you're smart about it, you'll research, prepare, practice and execute. Danger? Punishment? Where's that dead horse emoticon.

I did it. I'm glad I did it. I'll do it again.

Jack

I agree with the first part. You are missing something.

It is the same category as:

Why do people climb mountains?
Why do people run marathons?
Why do people drive race cars?
Why do people hike in the wilderness?

or any of 100 other why-do's.

More people have climbed Mt. Everest than have completed the Iron Butt Rally. It is about goals, achievement, and accomplishment. Some do that. Some don't.

Jack

Jack
Danger & punishment can come from anywhere. Yesterday i wrenched my shoulder by almost falling off a short ladder trying to catch my balance doing some cabinet cleaning for the wife( blamed the shoes ) That was Punishment! Should have been riding.:banghead
NowI have to go buy a sling:scratch
800 miles has been my longest day with many 500,600 & 700s, so 1000 is in my bucket list.:D Since I started riding Motor Sickles in 1964 I think I'm finally ready:beer

Jack
Danger & punishment can come from anywhere. Yesterday i wrenched my shoulder by almost falling off a short ladder trying to catch my balance doing some cabinet cleaning for the wife( blamed the shoes ) That was Punishment! Should have been riding.:banghead
NowI have to go buy a sling:scratch
800 miles has been my longest day with many 500,600 & 700s, so 1000 is in my bucket list.:D Since I started riding Motor Sickles in 1964 I think I'm finally ready:beer

Well I just thought I would throw out the thought. I had my first motorcycle when I was twelve years old and have never been without one since. I am now almost seventy two and still going strong. Thats about sixty years of riding "motor sickles" OMG!

I have faced many dangers in my 29,500 hours of flyng and 1,000,000+ miles on motorcycles, some 600-800 mile days. I have sat in aircraft for as long as twenty two hours and long days on motorcycles and know from experiance that although we denie it our senses and abilities are deminished and we not only endanger those who are around us but ourselves.

I ride for pleasure and now still fly for pleasure but always keep, or try to keep my testosterone from overriding my good sense. Subjecting oneself to pain and perserverance when it is not mandatory does not IMO prove anything, only a lack of good sense. I know for some it is always a goal as to "how many miles I rode today". For me it is always did I enjoy my ride today and was I a danger to myself or others around me. Thanks for listening.

Jack

Back