• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motel rooms at rally

Why don't we hold these rallies in areas with more rooms available? Riding from FL to MO and then staying in a flee bag motel 40 miles from the rally is a rally deal breaker. :banghead

At the rally in Charleston WV, there were vast quantities of excellent hotel rooms near the site(s). Unfortunately, that rally received a lot of criticisms for various reasons, among which was the fact that the rally was split up over two different sites that were miles apart. Our hotel was right next to the air conditioned vendor area, and all in all I thought it was a great arrangement. But the camping crowd at the college had some legitimate complaints.

When the microburst storm came thru the camping area of that rally and deposited some of the tents in the river and wrecked the beer tent, my crew and I were happily enjoying free beer at happy hour at a very nice downtown hotel with our bikes safely parked in the basement. My kind of rally.:drink

I made reservations for four nights at the Super 8 in Marshall, MO. Just north of Sedalia. Made them threw Expedia.com. I just called the motel to confirm and I'm in their system. Rates were very fair. IMHO.

I was at Charleston also, and I was camped at the college, and my tent was destroyed, and I camped under a portico that night, and then duct taped my tent together the next morning, and helped to erect a makeshift beer garden tent, and enjoyed free beer that night, and...had one hell of a good time!! It's what you make of things that counts!

temps are a concern for my buddy and I as well, which is why we have chosen to hotel it. Based on some of the issues mentioned in this thread, my buddy called today to confirm (again) our reservation. Thankfully the hotel said everything was good!

I am glad you called the hotel direct.

Jack

I made reservations for four nights at the Super 8 in Marshall, MO. Just north of Sedalia. Made them threw Expedia.com. I just called the motel to confirm and I'm in their system. Rates were very fair. IMHO.

I think I'm gonna do Marshall as well, and set up a tent at the rally site....

I booked directly with the hotel....I'm in.

Ask for a top floor. These types of buildings allow you to hear the people walking around in their rooms above you.

Last edited:
Back