• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motel rooms at rally

Stayed here last year when traveling through the area. Great hotel. Very clean, pool, hot tub, only about 30 miles from the fairgrounds

Comfort Inn Marshall Station (MO127) 1356 West College Avenue , Marshall, MO, US, 65340

Phone: (660) 886-8080Fax: (660) 886-8042

Curious if anyone else is staying here for the National. Really great hotel.

Hotel Inventory Changes almost Daily

Make sure Travelocity and Motel 7 have either an email or phone number for contact with you.

Jack

Jack,

I noticed the room availability changes every day. What was sold out yesterday might be available today. Don't overlook priceline. I used the priceline that did not involve "bidding" to secure a hotel room. I kept checking for several days thereafter and found the rooms appear and disappear almost every day.

Jack,

I noticed the room availability changes every day. What was sold out yesterday might be available today. Don't overlook priceline. I used the priceline that did not involve "bidding" to secure a hotel room. I kept checking for several days thereafter and found the rooms appear and disappear almost every day.

I actually called eleven hotels in Sedalia and all repeat "sold out" for rally period. Did not go through Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity etc.
A lot of campers also make Hotel resevations and cancel them at the last minute so some do open up but too late to plan a trip around it. Kinda like having their cake and eating it to. This creates havoc for fellow members trying to make reservations who will actually stay in them and not cancel at the last minute. This IMO is very rude and inconsiderate.

My daughter -in law works for one of the above companies. They are selling resevations that do not exist with a confirmation number and all. As was the six of us who booked through Travelocity. Travelocity did not contact the hotel until one month after the reservations were made only to find out the hotel has been booked to full capacity since August. We all had confirmation numbers for a month thinking we had reservations through Travelocity. We never did nor did the hotel know about it.

If anyone booked through one of these online companies and not the Hotels or their own company I would be wary. This has happened twice to me when large events are overwelming a small town with not enough hotel/motel rooms.

Sometimes the hotels discover the large event after the fact and cancel all rooms when they find out they can book the rooms themselves for a more lucrative rate. It happens at almost all large events when no other rooms can be had. They usually blame it on the booking company ( which sells their rooms for cutrate prices compared to the normal over the counter rates) denie the rates and sell the rooms for their over the counter rates.

I traveled for over thirty five years and set up conventions for three large organizations for over twenty years. These things always happen and it is almost impossible to find out who is really to blame. The Hotel blames the Travel Company and the travel company blames the Hotels. Beware if you booked through a travel company at a cutrate price.

My best to all of you. Lets have a beer at the Rally even if we have to sleep in the Beer tent. Hey not a bad idea--do you need reservations?

Jack

I just booked the Super 8 in Warrensburg for the Rally. Anyone staying there? MAy not be that great, but gotta be better than a noisy tent at the Rally.

Rally Hotel Bookings

Yesterday I booked a room at the Econo Lodge at Knob Noster 19 miles west of the Fairgrounds. There isn't anything available that is closer. All other vacancies are another ten miles out north or south. I booked through Orbitz but in reading the issues with Travelocity I am calling the motel today to verify my reservation. It may be worthwhile for all of us to do so, whatever the motel if booked online. Otherwise, we may be calling the Sherpa folks instead!:D

Yesterday I booked a room at the Econo Lodge at Knob Noster 19 miles west of the Fairgrounds. There isn't anything available that is closer. All other vacancies are another ten miles out north or south. I booked through Orbitz but in reading the issues with Travelocity I am calling the motel today to verify my reservation. It may be worthwhile for all of us to do so, whatever the motel if booked online. Otherwise, we may be calling the Sherpa folks instead!:D

My point exactly!

Jack

rooms

I will be doing my weekly check in with the Super 7 motel later today. As of last week they said no one had released any of the 10 to 15 rooms that one party had reserved. I've decided if a room doesn't come available by the 1st of April to just bag the Rally & plan something else.

Mark

It is looking UGLY for Motel Rooms

Well gullible me I just called the Econo Lodge in Knob Noster and they do not have a record of my reservation (done through Orbitz) nor any rooms available! I am glad to have been reading the Forum as I would have walked in in July thinking all was well. Here's to all of you that posted comments. Now the search really begins again!

I suggest you all call and confirm your reservations. MO will really be hot and humid that time of year plus mosquitos and flies so sleeping in a tent w/out AC is not my idea of fun. Good luck folks.

Hey if anyone has truly secured a room and is looking to split the cost or their riding buddy can't make it let me know. I am quiet and don't snore!

Nestor

Well gullible me I just called the Econo Lodge in Knob Noster and they do not have a record of my reservation (done through Orbitz) nor any rooms available! I am glad to have been reading the Forum as I would have walked in in July thinking all was well. Here's to all of you that posted comments. Now the search really begins again!

I suggest you all call and confirm your reservations. MO will really be hot and humid that time of year plus mosquitos and flies so sleeping in a tent w/out AC is not my idea of fun. Good luck folks.

Hey if anyone has truly secured a room and is looking to split the cost or their riding buddy can't make it let me know. I am quiet and don't snore!

Nestor

Hate to say I told you so. Read my post #24 above, then check with hotel not booking company to see if you really do have a reservation!

Thank you Jack!

Jack

PS Booking company confirmation numbers mean nothing. Check directly with the Hotel. You might be surprised or offered a booking of over the counter rates instead, not the booking company discount rate you thought you had. Or no room at all. Travelocity-Priceline-Expedia etc.

Check further south.....

Check for rooms around Warsaw. Its about 30 Miles south on 65. Easy ride up
to the fairgrounds. Parkview Inn had rooms also had a pool. Several Motels to choose from
good hunting...

please keep in mind it most likely will be VERY HOT. We like to camp, but July in Mo. means a motel...

From weather.com....

Typical weather data in Sedalia for July 19:

Sunrise: 6:04 AM
Sunset: 8:34 PM
Ave High: 88??F
Ave Low: 67??F
Mean: 77??F
Record High: 108??F (1954)
Record Low: 52??F (1947)

For comparison, Bloomsburg for July 19 (though rally Friday was Jul 15):

Sunrise: 5:50 AM
Sunset: 8:33 PM
Ave High: 85??F
Ave Low: 62??F
Mean: 73??F
Record High: 98??F (1930)
Record Low: 49??F (1956)

Oddly, the website doesn't pick up last year's high temperatures (I measured highs of 106??).

If it stays out of the 90's (per average high) in Sedalia, I think the typical camper will be happy. Last year was just plain brutal.

I made a reservation yesterday at the Hampton Inn in Clinton, about 40 miles away. [If I can't walk to the rally, 40 miles away is the same as four miles away, cuz I don't drink and drive].

BTW Hilton does not charge your credit card in advance, and you can usually cancel right up to the day of arrival. If the temps are above 95 most likely I won't show up.

PS: some chains of hotels might show no vacancy on their corporate website, but if you call the front desk sometimes they do have rooms.

Priceline Reservation no good at American Inn Sedalia

Hate to say I told you so. Read my post #24 above, then check with hotel not booking company to see if you really do have a reservation!

Thank you Jack!

Jack

PS Booking company confirmation numbers mean nothing. Check directly with the Hotel. You might be surprised or offered a booking of over the counter rates instead, not the booking company discount rate you thought you had. Or no room at all. Travelocity-Priceline-Expedia etc.

Jack,

Priceline let me down too! I called the hotel, American Inn Sedalia, and found they were sold out and had no reservation for me. I got the run around for about a week, having been told I needed to speak to Alex at the American Inn. I was not told they found my reservation, and I was not told they overbooked.

I called three times today, and was given different times that he would be in. On the third call "Alex" refused to speak to me and instructed the employee to tell me there is no record of a reservation. I told the employee I had a reservation with a confirmation number from Priceline where I reserved. She told me to take it up with Priceline.

I called Priceline and they called the American Inn Sedalia to confirm what I said. They confirmed what I told them. They said they would book a hotel for me, and the American Inn Sedalia would have to pay the difference in price and the booking fees.

We shall see if it works out. I may have to leave without the wife and take the tent. At least Priceline stuck up for me. Now if they can find me a room!

Double check your reservations.

UPDATE: I received the following email from Priceline today.

Thank you for choosing Priceline.com.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the American Inn for not honoring your confirmed reservation XXXXXXXXXX.

On the rare occasion that a hotel becomes overbooked, we require the hotel to take all necessary steps to ensure that your reservation is transferred to a suitable alternative hotel or we will do so ourselves so as to not inconvenience you more.

We will get back to you as soon as possible to keep you informed. Thank you for your patience.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you again for choosing Priceline.com. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to be your online hotel reservation choice in the future.

Kind regards,

---
Matthew Huizinga
Customer Service Team

Last edited:
So I take it that everyone has checked with thier hotel (not booking company) to verifie thier reservation right? Some are getting the surprise of thier life. Do'nt fail to do so!

Jack:lurk

Priceline's disappointing action

So I take it that everyone has checked with thier hotel (not booking company) to verifie thier reservation right? Some are getting the surprise of thier life. Do'nt fail to do so!

Jack:lurk

Priceline is now telling me I can havea room 18 miles away or be on a waitlist for 1st cancellation at American Inn. I am somewhat disappointed.

UPDATE from Priceline:

Thank you for choosing Priceline.com.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the American Inn for not honoring your confirmed reservation. Availability of rooms is managed by the individual hotels and when you booked your booking details were sent to the hotel via a secure online system.

On the rare occasion that a hotel becomes overbooked, we require the hotel to take all necessary steps to ensure that your reservation is transferred to a suitable alternative hotel or we will do so ourselves so as to not inconvenience you more.

We haev received conformation from the American Inn that they can offer a sister property that is 18 miles away or you can be on their waiting list and they will put your reservation at the top, so that when a cancellation comes in, they will confirm your reservation.

If you would like to discuss these options, please contact us at your earliest convenience. We have include the contact details below:

From weather.com....

Typical weather data in Sedalia for July 19:

Sunrise: 6:04 AM
Sunset: 8:34 PM
Ave High: 88??F
Ave Low: 67??F
Mean: 77??F
Record High: 108??F (1954)
Record Low: 52??F (1947)

For comparison, Bloomsburg for July 19 (though rally Friday was Jul 15):

Sunrise: 5:50 AM
Sunset: 8:33 PM
Ave High: 85??F
Ave Low: 62??F
Mean: 73??F
Record High: 98??F (1930)
Record Low: 49??F (1956)

Oddly, the website doesn't pick up last year's high temperatures (I measured highs of 106??).

If it stays out of the 90's (per average high) in Sedalia, I think the typical camper will be happy. Last year was just plain brutal.

SCREW that! I'd rather ride back and forth through Death Valley in a sweatshirt for a weekend.

Back