Thread: Pricing of new GS is out

Pricing of new GS is out

Starts at $15,800... FYI.

Plus accessories $xxxx.xx, plus 600 mile service, plus, new helmet to match, plus taller windshield, lower pegs, more comfortable seat...and on and on and on and on! OUCH $$$! Just ask my wife...lol.
    MOA #46783
    2015 R1200RT

Just a bit more than the '13. Very good deal if you want one.
    Marty Hill
    12 GS black/Boxer Cup Replika

ride till you can't

Cool This is a personal problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Plus accessories $xxxx.xx, plus 600 mile service, plus, new helmet to match, plus taller windshield, lower pegs, more comfortable seat...and on and on and on and on! OUCH $$$! Just ask my wife...lol.

OK if you are buying a new bike that is "right" then you do not need any accessories buy the bike ride it for 3 months then add what it needs to fit yourself. I would allow someone who is 8 feet tall and weights 600 pounds would need to add accessories!!

Now if you have a good salesman he will do his job to get at least 20% add in accessories - that is his job!!!!
    1974 R75/6 W Sidecar
    1989 R100GS

Bluenoser
    It always pays to buy the items you know you are going to need, like bags & trunk, crash bars etc as you can work it into the price and you'll usually get a discount. Things like seats are not always an issue for some folks so I would hold off on that one until you had a chance to put some 500 mile days. That will tell you if you need the bars moved, pegs lowered, different seat etc. No sense spending money in this are until you've ridden the bike.

So in reality you'd look at about $ 20,000, after shipping & taxes and some minimum ad ons. I wonder if you'd get away that cheap.
    1971 R50/5 SWB with R75/6 drivetrain
    2013 DL650

Just to add some reality, I've got over 250k on 1200GS's and have not added most of the stuff mentioned in the second post. As I mentioned above, it's just a bit more than the 13 model with the same options. A good deal if you want one.
    Marty Hill
    12 GS black/Boxer Cup Replika

ride till you can't