• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in NC

S

stucknarut

Hello from central NC. Just bought my first BMW, a 73 R75/5 project bike. Well, mostly a /5, but with a /6 front end, a 100RS seat that doesn't fit right, and some aftermarket bits and pieces. Should be fun. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I get her back on the road, and look forward to meeting other airheads along the way.

Welcome!

Now you live in some good riding country! I was over your way in the trip to Johnson City in '09. If you ever come to the coast let us know.
My second BMW was a 1973 R75/5. I drove it for many reliable and smooth miles. I took it to Guatemala one summer.
Lots of knowledge here and don't be afraid to go to the airhead site to ask questions.
Campbell Tellman II
:thumb

Welcome.
There seems to be a fair size group in Central NC, myself included, but I haven't met up with any other yet. Others will chime in with various plans and routine meet ups.

Thanks all. I happened across a BMW meetup over in Pittsboro NC earlier this year so I know of at least one. That will have to wait until I get this one running and the weather warms up again, bit of a ride from here to Pittsboro.

The Others chime in

Welcome.
There seems to be a fair size group in Central NC, myself included, but I haven't met up with any other yet. Others will chime in with various plans and routine meet ups.
I guess I can lead the chime in..:whistle

Welcome to BMWMOA, and the "joys" of getting a airhead running again:drink

Lots of BMW clubs in NC, from Wilmington to Asheville to Charlotte to the Triad to the Triangle, and a few others in between. Check them out in the clubs listing on this site.The closest club for you would probably either be the Tarheel Travelers or Carolina BMW Motorcycle Owners Association,

If you want a place to meet BMW folks, you should come to the Sunday Bikers Breakfast,aka "Rev.Willie's Feast of the Immaculate Consumption" held every Sunday (9-12),at Carolina Brewery and Grill, on the edge of Pittsboro, NC, at the intersection of US 15-501 and US 64 Bypass. Lots of folks on all types of bikes,but it is sponsored by a MOA club from NC, The Gonzo Touring Team. I am at Breakfast most every Sunday, so come on over and meet the Family. :bolt

New Years Day ride

The Tarheel Travelers meet-up is at 10:00 AM on January 1, 2012, at the McDonald's Restaurant at the intersection of US 421 and NC 210, in Lillington, NC (GPS Coordinates N35 25.134 W78 48.219).

I am leaving Wilmington at 9:00. Hope to meet you at the ride. Everyone is welcome.

Sunday Biker's Breakfast

Our regular meeting location, Carolina Brewery and Grill in Pittsboro,NC will be open on New Year's Day. It is supposed to be a good day to do some riding and seeing friends. Hope to see some folks at the "Feast of Immaculate Consumption" on Sunday!:eat

They open at 9 AM

Our regular meeting location, Carolina Brewery and Grill in Pittsboro,NC will be open on New Year's Day. It is supposed to be a good day to do some riding and seeing friends. Hope to see some folks at the "Feast of Immaculate Consumption" on Sunday!:eat

They open at 9 AM

What is it like by 10:30?

Back