• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A bit of life to an apparently dead sub forum

Karlb

since no one has posted here since Nov 20th I thought I add something

I have been working on getting my new to me 2010 S1000RR set up as I want it
the list of mods is getting fairly long now
OZ Forged Alum Wheels
Ohlins 30mmi cartridge kit
Ohlins TTX rear shock
Akrapociv full race system
PCV with Auto Tune
Yosh Case Savers
Yosh sliders
Yosh oil filler cap
Yosh inspection cap
Yosh steering stem nut
Yosh rear spools
Yosh rear axle adjusters
hot bodies double bubble smoke screen
Throttle meister bar ends
Pazzo shorty levers
vortex gas cap
tail tidy
bike monkey tail light with integrated rear turn signals
driven block off plates
-1 front sprocket
Heli bars
Valentine 1 on tech mount fork mount
zumo 550 on tech mount steering stem hole mount
tesseract audio mixer
BMW tail Bag

later on some rearsets and a few bits of CF and she will be complete
IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg
'
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0001-3.jpg

WOW.... I am a lurker.... my dream bike.... now I never thought it required modifications.... awesome, keep the info coming

Karl-
I like the mount for the V1 and I see you have an audio adaptor....then what?
Do you have a cord to run to your helmet? I've been struggeling with how to better see/use the V1 myself.

If you have a better pic or a link to the V1 mount I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ken

:clap On the Valentine 1 (actually your whole project)! So many I know think that the best radar detector is not worth the money. Actually it doesn't look like you have held back on anything-very nice. Gary

to the V-1, usually I run a remote "stealth display" up to the dash but the S1RR doesnt have room on top of the gauges.

I do have an audio mixer similar to a "mixit" it is called " tesseract" and the company doesnt currently have a product but by their website think they are working on something.
the tesseract handles up to 4 audio sources and has the ability to gate 1 of them and to prioritize one also.
I run a cord out of the front of the seat and wear custom molded earplugs and can see the directionals on the V-1 when I get an alert..

this bike being setup completly is my 50th birthday present from my wonderful wife (some of you may know Cheryl) and something I have waited for ever since being a teenager and seeing Reg riding the R90S I have waited decades for BMW to build this bike and ridden airheads,oilheads,bricks and slants awaiting it
this bike is a keeper and will have a home with me for as long as I live.

Nice bike! I'm a big fan of the BMW motorsport colors. :thumb

I test rode one and was impressed with the bike, but hate those pesky speed suggestions. Really need an autobahn here in the US.

Thanks Karl-

What a great birthday present!
I think the bike & the wife are both keepers!

Ken

Thanks for keeping us on your your SRR. Awesome.

Perhaps I can get one for my 60th, albeit a plain vanilla one.

NCS

Back