• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2012 International Rally

Thanks for the heads up!!! This will be our first BMW rally.

Thanks for the info! I'm really looking forward to it. Now, I simply need to find the long route... Sedalia is TOO close! :)

one day pass

Will there be a one-day pass available for Saturday. Because of work its the only day I can attend.

It is very difficult to control traffic with one day passes and traditionally, they have not been offered. Although, for all you can see and do in one day, the price of admission is still a bargain.

No, day passes are not available. It is a long standing MOA Board policy that the rally is an event and that the fee for the event is the same whether you attend one day or multiple days.

Online preregistration opens April 6th and a registration form will appear in the Owners News beginning with the April issue. Preregistration is $35 for MOA members and $45 for non members. Gate fees at the rally are $40 for MOA members and $50 for non members.

The grounds map will be posted when complete...early May.

But we're an impatient lot, Chuck, rife with eager anticipation.

I'm still trying to figure out how I, with Barley in tow, could volunteer in some meaningful way. In the end it might come down to me taking lots of photos and sharing the best with you.

Pete

But we're an impatient lot, Chuck, rife with eager anticipation.

I'm still trying to figure out how I, with Barley in tow, could volunteer in some meaningful way. In the end it might come down to me taking lots of photos and sharing the best with you.

Pete

Here's a thought: I'd love to have you and especially Barley, greeting the ebb and flow of bikes and pedestrians in and out of the Rally grounds at either of the two main gates we'll be using.

It will be either 3 or 4 hours shifts, shaded (with awnings, so protected from rain too!), water supplied and all the smiles and tail wagging the two of you can muster.

Consider volunteering for Gates Duty at the 40th!

Thanks -
Kevin Greenwald - 2012 Gates Committee Chair

Any interested members, please contact me at: greenwald@charter.net

It's an easy and fun way to "be a Volunteer!"

Patience and attitude

I watched Kevin and his folks handle the gates last year and all I can say is that they showed a lot of patience. I had a chance to volunteer for gate duty for 2012, but declined because I would have taken a few of the more obnoxious ones off their bikes and given them an "attitude adjustment".

Kevin is correct, you and your dog would be a great asset at the gate. Dogs make people more reasonable; at least that is what my buddy who uses a K9 for his police work tells me.

See you there. Have a great ride to the rally.

Yup, we're not sure of our schedule (2500 miles to cover on the scenic route we're taking, so weather will play a role), but will sign up when we arrive.

Looking forward to another rally and another volunteer opportunity!

I watched Kevin and his folks handle the gates last year and all I can say is that they showed a lot of patience. I had a chance to volunteer for gate duty for 2012, but declined because I would have taken a few of the more obnoxious ones off their bikes and given them an "attitude adjustment".

Kevin is correct, you and your dog would be a great asset at the gate. Dogs make people more reasonable; at least that is what my buddy who uses a K9 for his police work tells me.

See you there. Have a great ride to the rally.

Hi There Jerry -

Appreciate all the kind comments, but in the interests of 'honest disclosure,' I was NOT involved in Gates Duty at Bloomsburg. Someone else handled the Committee Chair responsibilities there - Sedalia will be my first crack at helping out to this degree.

That being said, the bulk of your post is still spot on - when you and all others arive at the Rally site, take a few minutes to wander over to the Volunteer Booth and sign up for Gates Duty - one shift - many shifts - whatever.

Excellent way to take a 'test drive' in what fun volunteering at a rally can be all about.

Go see Sue R. at the booth and enjoy the 40th! :thumb

Closing ceremonies are on Saturday evening BUT you won't want to miss the Superstakes drawings on Friday night! :dance

Newbie Camping ?

Thanks for the camping info. I know tents are the norm. Are mc campers welcome in the open tent area? We have a bunkhouse & would like to use it for the rally. We are really looking forward to our first rally!

Jane

Back