• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2012 International Rally

Things are still being worked out. The space available is contingent on quite a few things, but the main ones are the estimated number of riders for each of the Chartered Clubs and whether or not the Club is having a large tent erected. I expect things will be firmed up after the holiday.

Jerry

I've been told the Airheads have hired a 20x40 canopy which will be set up just north of the State Patrol building in the Chartered Club Group Camping area. I believe I have allocated enough space for all Airheads who wish to camp by the canopy. Joe Brinkmann has been working with me since March to make sure your needs are met.

I guess that means since all I have is my sweepstakes ticket I am not pre registered and will have to go through the registration line, but my ticket will serve as a sort of voucher for being paid. Correct?

Made the trek from Jax, FL to Copperas Cove, TX through some heavy rain and will depart for Sedalia Tuesday. I noticed that night time temps for the Rally will be in the mid to high 70's which is much cooler than Bloomsberg night time temps. Have a safe trip to the Rally, I will see you there.

They keep saying that all the buildings have AC, but when are they going to kick people out of those cool buildings? If the vendor hours end at 6 and 5 on Sat. and seminars are basically ending same times, which happens to be hottest part of day, are they just booting every one out in heat then?

They keep saying that all the buildings have AC, but when are they going to kick people out of those cool buildings? If the vendor hours end at 6 and 5 on Sat. and seminars are basically ending same times, which happens to be hottest part of day, are they just booting every one out in heat then?

Good question. I wonder how many buildings are open after 6PM.

Weather going to be hot again !

Onsite intel tells me that it is just as hot in Sedalia, Tues, 13:52 CST, and temps over 100 degrees F.

Long range forcast say the same for tomorrow, and nearing 105 by Thurs.

Thank God, that on Saturday and Sunday it will only be 99 degrees.

Wear your CamelBacks folks! and Have Fun !!!

Regards from Long Island,

Jim

Last edited:
Beer Tent - Here I Come!

The Rally page says the following:

"All five of the Exhibitor buildings, the Beer Garden building, Closing Ceremonies Arena, Seminar Rooms, and several of the restaurants on site are air conditioned."

What I'm hoping this means is that the beer tent is in fact the "Beer Garden building" which is air conditioned and, thus, should be open past 5 or 6pm. So, that's where I plan to spend my evenings! :drink :buds

I sure hope I'm right! :dunno

I just pulled into the area and honestly it wasn't so bad. 98F but less humid than I was expecting. Mesh gear and a sip from the camelback every 15 minutes that was allowed to dribble down my chin and soak into my Ex Officio shirt got the evaporative cooling thing working well. That said, it was much more difficult to keep Barley wet, so we nuked the camping plan and are staying in a brand new motel in Warsaw MO, with incredible A/C and an indoor pool. It's also a short distance from the Truman Dam on Lake of the Ozarks. Parkville Inn, and they still have rooms available for $65 a night.

BTW: 125 is freshly paved from the ferry landing nearly all the way to the vicinity of Springfield, and has some of the best banked curves I've seen in years!

I just pulled into the area and honestly it wasn't so bad. 98F but less humid than I was expecting. Mesh gear and a sip from the camelback every 15 minutes that was allowed to dribble down my chin and soak into my Ex Officio shirt got the evaporative cooling thing working well. That said, it was much more difficult to keep Barley wet, so we nuked the camping plan and are staying in a brand new motel in Warsaw MO, with incredible A/C and an indoor pool. It's also a short distance from the Truman Dam on Lake of the Ozarks. Parkville Inn, and they still have rooms available for $65 a night.

BTW: 125 is freshly paved from the ferry landing nearly all the way to the vicinity of Springfield, and has some of the best banked curves I've seen in years!

no room in the Inn Fri or Sat nights. They do have rooms available Wed and Thur nights.

ceremony seats????

Are there stadium/amphitheatre seats or benches in the awards/ceremony area???? Will folding chairs/Kermit chairs be needed????

no room in the Inn Fri or Sat nights. They do have rooms available Wed and Thur nights.

Wow, those went fast!

I stopped by the fairgrounds to sign up for volunteer duty Weds and Thurs. The fairgrounds are really nice and the rally prep is coming together nicely. It looks like a small town taking shape before your eyes! :thumb

It was 102F at 3pm, but the humidity was very manageable.

Hotel Room Available

Anyone wanting to beat the heat I have a reservation at the Clinton, MO Hampton Inn for Friday & Saturday nights that I will be cancelling. If interested, please reply so we can connect and I can transfer your details to my reservation. Must be done before tomorrow 6pm.

RPU Course Information

Where can I find the rider course info on this site! I saw it in ON and have received my confirmation but that does know indicate the location. Does any one know! I am arriving late Thursday morning and don't want to spend a lot time searching Sedalia.

To the Rally Chair: I recommend that future rally mailings included all required info.

Thanks!

Back