• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Online rally preregistration is open

Help -- Problems Registering Online

I keep getting an error every time I try to register. I select adult and "qty 1". That's fine, but opposite "child" it shows qty 1 whether I select child, or not (there's no "0" option to choose). When I go to check out it tells me I have an error as follows:

ERROR INFORMATION:
Element PRODUCT_MINOR is undefined in SESSION.
The error occurred on line 12.

I assume this means it expects me to select child because there's a 1 in the qty box. I seem to be in a bit of a catch-22, unless I choose child and pay an extra $5 (on top of erroreously indicating I'm bringing a child).

Any suggestions

Problem Solved

marcopolo said:
I keep getting an error every time I try to register. I select adult and "qty 1". That's fine, but opposite "child" it shows qty 1 whether I select child, or not (there's no "0" option to choose). When I go to check out it tells me I have an error as follows:

ERROR INFORMATION:
Element PRODUCT_MINOR is undefined in SESSION.
The error occurred on line 12.

I assume this means it expects me to select child because there's a 1 in the qty box. I seem to be in a bit of a catch-22, unless I choose child and pay an extra $5 (on top of erroreously indicating I'm bringing a child).

Any suggestions

Bring an adult who acts childish.....no???
Hooyah :rofl

Ah..... the curse of sarcasm: Pre-registration Malfunction

I suppose I deserve this. After posting my last comment, I decided to pre-register and lo and behold, I can't even get past the login!!!!! I keep entering my member number and password as instructed but am reset each time. Grrrrr
ah well....someone will no doubt throw me a virtual lifeline...I hope.
Adios

Callmethebreeze said:
I suppose I deserve this. After posting my last comment, I decided to pre-register and lo and behold, I can't even get past the login!!!!! I keep entering my member number and password as instructed but am reset each time. Grrrrr
ah well....someone will no doubt throw me a virtual lifeline...I hope.
Adios

Thom: Try purging the cache, cookies, whatever else in your browser & try over. Don't forget to login first.

Maybe unfortunately, but I've already registered using the system and can't go thru the steps again to see what problems there are.

Steve Huber
'05 rally webmaster

marcopolo said:
Any suggestions

Mark: Hate to say this but actually the system does a background check on all applicants. Obviously you both failed... :stick

All you need to do is check the "Adult" box, number of adults, and select the "checkout" button (maybe the button is called "continue", I forget). Just ignore the child/whatever items. You'll have a chance to review.

BTW, I've asked the coders to look into these issues in case we really do have a problem

Steve Huber
'05 rally webmaster

shuber said:
Thom: Try purging the cache, cookies, whatever else in your browser & try over. Don't forget to login first.

Maybe unfortunately, but I've already registered using the system and can't go thru the steps again to see what problems there are.

Steve Huber
'05 rally webmaster
I'm having the same problem

Just registered...worked just fine :type....just put in the info, check the proper boxes and and hit continue till you are finished and check out :drink

Have tried login using the posted instructions and also using forum login and password, neither works.

It Worked This Time

I tried again and it worked this time, though it did take me several tries to get through the checkout. I should also point out that I also got an e-mail from the office with an offer of help after my first post. Fast response, I'd say.

The best suggestion I can make is to click the reset password link. In about three minutes you should get an e-mail with the ability to change your password and log in. I did that as I was also having trouble logging in. I couldn't remember the password.

Hope that helps.

Pre-registration Success..... Hooyah

:bliss
Thanks to Steve and Brad I have wended my way through the preregistration morass. I purged my browser and reset my password (this sounds almost obscene..lol...) and voila the BMW MOA censors have given me another shot. Man, will they be sorry! This Witness Protection Program can be a real drag. I have to keep changing my name.
Once logged in, the process was a breeze although the options for children caused me to take pause for a second. I decided that acting in an adolescent manner didn't actually qualify me for this fee so I endorsed the adult option.
Thanks again for the help. See you there. Brace yourselves. :thumb

Pre-reg problems

It took 3 calls to MO and had something to do with the security set up of my XP system. Their staff was incredibly helpful and I was able to git 'er done. :type The card would've been faster but I have been transformed from being un-registered to being pre-registered. :wow The weather in NW Ohio is beginning to co-operate and I have ridden for 10 days straight. See ya in Lima.

Diehly

OK, I need to register 4 adults and two children, however the drop down on adults only offers 2. :dunno

BradfordBenn said:
The best suggestion I can make is to click the reset password link. In about three minutes you should get an e-mail with the ability to change your password and log in. I did that as I was also having trouble logging in. I couldn't remember the password.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, but it didn't. Told me I wasn't in the system and to contact HQ.

fwiw, I have logged in and edited my profile in the past, but only with back room voo-doo from Sandee.

One usability suggestion.... can all that crap on the registration page, put a big "you must log in before you register for the rally" link first. the fact that you have to log-in before you register is buried in the body text.

Ian

Sonar said:
OK, I need to register 4 adults and two children, however the drop down on adults only offers 2.

Don: I've forwared this to the MOA office. Did you try entering "4" in the quantity box rather than using the drop-down?

Steve

Pre-Registering more than three attendees

Sonar said:
OK, I need to register 4 adults and two children, however the drop down on adults only offers 2. :dunno

To pre-register more than three attendees for the rally, you will need to complete two seperate forms. I would suggest one adult and one child per form. This may require creating a non-member account if only one of the four is a member as only one pre-registration form may be submitted online per member account.

I will be in the office tomorrow, if you need further assistance. :)

Secure Services Password Reset

Visian said:
Sorry, but it didn't. Told me I wasn't in the system and to contact HQ.

fwiw, I have logged in and edited my profile in the past, but only with back room voo-doo from Sandee.

One usability suggestion.... can all that crap on the registration page, put a big "you must log in before you register for the rally" link first. the fact that you have to log-in before you register is buried in the body text.

Ian

In order for the password reset to work, we must have your current email address already in the membership database. This is usually the issue I find. When in doubt, just email or call the office and we will reset it for you asap.

I had the same trouble as several of you have had with the pre-registration form. I tried all the tricks offered by Steve and others but no good. But, logging in as a non-member worked fine and very easy. It seems like there is something wrong with that, doesn't it? If non-members can breeze right through and pre-register, why do members have all this trouble? I hope the long lines for the pre-registered people at the rally which I read about in another thread don't materialize. That would really make the whole process a little questionable.

Bob

Back