• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Online rally preregistration is open

bob1150 said:
I hope the long lines for the pre-registered people at the rally which I read about in another thread don't materialize. That would really make the whole process a little questionable.

My $0.02 on lines is that it is entirely dependent on when you show up, it's all a crapshoot. I do guarantee that if you try registering first thing on opening day morning there _will_ be long lines.

My experience at the national has been there is always enough registration volunteers to ensure a smooth operation. After all, you can get only so many folks behind the tables before you start running into each other and tripping over feet.

See ya there!

Steve

Creating another account for pre-reg

bob1150 said:
I had the same trouble as several of you have had with the pre-registration form. I tried all the tricks offered by Steve and others but no good. But, logging in as a non-member worked fine and very easy. It seems like there is something wrong with that, doesn't it? If non-members can breeze right through and pre-register, why do members have all this trouble? I hope the long lines for the pre-registered people at the rally which I read about in another thread don't materialize. That would really make the whole process a little questionable.

Bob

Creating a non-member account instead of using your current membership account can cause problems in the membership database that may effect the delivery of the BMW Owners News. It is not recommended.

The most common issue is with logging into the Secure Services Area to pre-register. If you have trouble, just let us know and we can reset your login and password to proceed.

bob1150 said:
I hope the long lines for the pre-registered people at the rally which I read about in another thread don't materialize. That would really make the whole process a little questionable.

Bob

The most important thing to bring to any rally is a sense of humor and adventure. Those will be the key to keep the lines from forming. If you get stuck waiting behind a group of people, simply say howdy and start talking about motorcycles. Then the waiting will fly by.

Also the Web team and the Rally Committees are working on this web registration challenge already. So we are taking it seriously and trying to figure out the cause. Sandee's point about just zapping them an e-mail is the best way to go. It will keep the database cleaner and actually make the process easier next time. Once you get your stuff set up, it is actually pretty cool to get some other shopping done.

I can't seem to Git-r-done either :dunno
Here's my credit card # BR549-ASK-4JUNIOR
See you on Thursday. :type :wave

I'll try again tomorrow :brow

shuber said:
My $0.02 on lines is that it is entirely dependent on when you show up, it's all a crapshoot. I do guarantee that if you try registering first thing on opening day morning there _will_ be long lines.

My experience at the national has been there is always enough registration volunteers to ensure a smooth operation. After all, you can get only so many folks behind the tables before you start running into each other and tripping over feet.

See ya there!

Steve

From what I have seen regarding this organization the rally will be a blast and any lines I run into won't be a problem. This is my first trip and I am really looking forward to going! I just wish this pre-registration thing worked a little smoother. Thanks everybody for your input.

Bob

Rally Registration Survival Kit

:bolt
Upon arrival at the Rally Registration Area you will perform a target area recon.
You will carefully observe lines of fellow raly participants mustered into orderly lines leading to smiling registration volunteers sitting behind large tables engaged in processing activities.
You will scan the lines and decide upon which to engage based upon the following parameters of priority concerning the last person(s) in the line i.e. that individual(s) who will be standing directly in front of you:
Priority:
1) An attractive solitary blonde female wearing a form fitting leather suit holding two bottles of your favorite micro brew and wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with the following: "I'm an Oilhead and I'm Running a Quart Low,Can you Help?"
2) Three guys wearing funny hats, Rounders t-shirts who are equipped with a large cooler, 4 lawn chairs and a beach umbrella who are handing out beer mitts filled with your favorite microbrew.
3) Anyone wearing tall m/c boots, shorts and a cowboy hat (they must have a few stories to tell).
4) Anyone wearing more than ten pins on his/her vest (it will give you something to read while you're waiting).
5) Smeone wearing a full face helmet with animal ears attached. This could be a little weird but heh, it works for Brad Benn and he seems okay.
6) Anyone wearing official looking nametags, medallions and other indications of organizational presence. They may decide to zoom to the front of the line, you can draft them and maybe smooth your way in.

Lines you may wish to avoid:
1) Someone who ate the "special" this am at "Mom's" diner in Gum Gap West Virginia and is in obvious gastrointestinal distress.
2) Someone dressed in all black reading Mein Kampf or the BMW Technical Manual while humming german martial music.
3) Any couple of any persuasion wearing matching outfits.
4) Anyone wearing a full Aerostich that is so new and stiff that he needs to be oiled to move up in line.

Necessary items you will need to successfully achieve your registration objective.
1) A folding camp chair
2) Small cooler filled with favorite beverages to consume and share
3) Some type of conversation starter other than the price tags from your new aerostich. Suggested: t-shirt from the 1978 Stuttgart rally, funny hat (see above) or temporary R1100RT tattoos emblazoned on an intimate part of your anatomy
4) Sun Block
5) Sense of humor

Did I miss anything? :drink
Hooyah, see you there!

After a few attempts to register on line, snail mail looks like a much better way.

A 1 min phone call to headquarters and a password reset solved my problem!!
Those girls know their stuff!

Trying to Register

This registration process is anything but user friendly.

I guess I'm just going to wait until I get to Lima, and just do it there.

Sorry to hear it isn't working out for you. Is there something I can help you with? Also June's ON has a registration form in it if you want to register by mail.

Registration

The on-line registration worked great for me. Took about 2 minutes and i had a receipt printed out. :clap

Time to change the registration format?

sandee said:
To pre-register more than three attendees for the rally, you will need to complete two seperate forms. I would suggest one adult and one child per form. This may require creating a non-member account if only one of the four is a member as only one pre-registration form may be submitted online per member account.

I wonder if it isn't time to revise the registration format (both web and mail-in form) so that more than one vehicle, more than one member, and more than two or three people can be pre-registered at one time, on one form. I presume that the current system requires a separate credit card transaction for each "registration form" and that this increases the cost of registration via the website. In the past, I have had to make a xerox copy or accumulate forms from more than one ON magazine to register four people (by mail) for the rally.

Is this a problem, or am I missing something?

Just a thought when using the web registration..

When using secure websites etc, please make sure all of your windows updates are installed, it may help with some of the errors you encounter.

Dave :type

registration process

:evil :evil I'm traveling for work right now and don't get home until 15 june, so I don't have my MOA card with me, so I have no idea what my MOA number is.

But when I was home a week ago, I tried to register, kept getting a error message.

I'll just ride to Lima,Ohio and sign up there, I really prefer to do it ahead of time.

sportridertex said:
:evil :evil I'm traveling for work right now and don't get home until 15 june, so I don't have my MOA card with me, so I have no idea what my MOA number is.

But when I was home a week ago, I tried to register, kept getting a error message.

I'll just ride to Lima,Ohio and sign up there, I really prefer to do it ahead of time.

Ah the joys of traveling for work, I know it all too well. Why am I in Vegas without a motorcycle?!?

I am pretty sure if you call the office directly ((636)394-7277) they can help you out with registering and lookup your number for you.

One Form Per Rider

E-Clips said:
I wonder if it isn't time to revise the registration format (both web and mail-in form) so that more than one vehicle, more than one member, and more than two or three people can be pre-registered at one time, on one form. I presume that the current system requires a separate credit card transaction for each "registration form" and that this increases the cost of registration via the website. In the past, I have had to make a xerox copy or accumulate forms from more than one ON magazine to register four people (by mail) for the rally.

Is this a problem, or am I missing something?

This stipulation is a product of how the database handles the information for the rally pre-registration. We are looking into the possiblilty of allowing Primary members to pre-register Associate members in one transaction, however the way the information is handled will not change.

I hope this helps. :) Have a great time at the rally!! Sandee

Improvements Welcome

Thanks for the reply. It is good to know that improvements are being considered.

:) Keep up the good work!

Ooops!

sandee said:
This stipulation is a product of how the database handles the information for the rally pre-registration. We are looking into the possiblilty of allowing Primary members to pre-register Associate members in one transaction, however the way the information is handled will not change.

I hope this helps. :) Have a great time at the rally!! Sandee

Sandee: I think we registered me (the Associate member) as a guest with my husband (the Primary member). :doh Is this a problem? Do we need to re-register or fix this in some way? I assume you are trying to track how many members and non-members are attending?

Back