Online rally preregistration is open

All: The online rally pre-reg is up & running. Link is at:
    http://bmwmoa.org/rally/rally05/index.htm

Steve Huber
    '05 rally webmaster
    Steve
    Madison, WI

Help -- Problems Registering Online

I keep getting an error every time I try to register. I select adult and "qty 1". That's fine, but opposite "child" it shows qty 1 whether I select child, or not (there's no "0" option to choose). When I go to check out it tells me I have an error as follows:

ERROR INFORMATION:
    Element PRODUCT_MINOR is undefined in SESSION.
    The error occurred on line 12.

I assume this means it expects me to select child because there's a 1 in the qty box. I seem to be in a bit of a catch-22, unless I choose child and pay an extra $5 (on top of erroreously indicating I'm bringing a child).

Any suggestions
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

callmethebreeze

Talking Problem Solved

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo
    I keep getting an error every time I try to register. I select adult and "qty 1". That's fine, but opposite "child" it shows qty 1 whether I select child, or not (there's no "0" option to choose). When I go to check out it tells me I have an error as follows:

ERROR INFORMATION:
    Element PRODUCT_MINOR is undefined in SESSION.
    The error occurred on line 12.

I assume this means it expects me to select child because there's a 1 in the qty box. I seem to be in a bit of a catch-22, unless I choose child and pay an extra $5 (on top of erroreously indicating I'm bringing a child).

Any suggestions
    Bring an adult who acts childish.....no???
    Hooyah

callmethebreeze

Unhappy Ah..... the curse of sarcasm: Pre-registration Malfunction

I suppose I deserve this. After posting my last comment, I decided to pre-register and lo and behold, I can't even get past the login!!!!! I keep entering my member number and password as instructed but am reset each time. Grrrrr
    ah well....someone will no doubt throw me a virtual lifeline...I hope.
    Adios

Just another rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Callmethebreeze
    I suppose I deserve this. After posting my last comment, I decided to pre-register and lo and behold, I can't even get past the login!!!!! I keep entering my member number and password as instructed but am reset each time. Grrrrr
    ah well....someone will no doubt throw me a virtual lifeline...I hope.
    Adios
    Thom: Try purging the cache, cookies, whatever else in your browser & try over. Don't forget to login first.

Maybe unfortunately, but I've already registered using the system and can't go thru the steps again to see what problems there are.

Steve Huber
    '05 rally webmaster

Just another rider
    Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo
    Any suggestions
    Mark: Hate to say this but actually the system does a background check on all applicants. Obviously you both failed...

All you need to do is check the "Adult" box, number of adults, and select the "checkout" button (maybe the button is called "continue", I forget). Just ignore the child/whatever items. You'll have a chance to review.

BTW, I've asked the coders to look into these issues in case we really do have a problem

Steve Huber
    '05 rally webmaster

Ol salt
    Quote Originally Posted by shuber
    Thom: Try purging the cache, cookies, whatever else in your browser & try over. Don't forget to login first.

Maybe unfortunately, but I've already registered using the system and can't go thru the steps again to see what problems there are.

Steve Huber
    '05 rally webmaster
    I'm having the same problem

FRAZZ
    Just registered...worked just fine ....just put in the info, check the proper boxes and and hit continue till you are finished and check out

Ol salt
    Have tried login using the posted instructions and also using forum login and password, neither works.

It Worked This Time

I tried again and it worked this time, though it did take me several tries to get through the checkout. I should also point out that I also got an e-mail from the office with an offer of help after my first post. Fast response, I'd say.
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    The best suggestion I can make is to click the reset password link. In about three minutes you should get an e-mail with the ability to change your password and log in. I did that as I was also having trouble logging in. I couldn't remember the password.

Hope that helps.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

callmethebreeze

Cool Pre-registration Success..... Hooyah

Thanks to Steve and Brad I have wended my way through the preregistration morass. I purged my browser and reset my password (this sounds almost obscene..lol...) and voila the BMW MOA censors have given me another shot. Man, will they be sorry! This Witness Protection Program can be a real drag. I have to keep changing my name.
    Once logged in, the process was a breeze although the options for children caused me to take pause for a second. I decided that acting in an adolescent manner didn't actually qualify me for this fee so I endorsed the adult option.
    Thanks again for the help. See you there. Brace yourselves.

Diehly

Pre-reg problems

It took 3 calls to MO and had something to do with the security set up of my XP system. Their staff was incredibly helpful and I was able to git 'er done. The card would've been faster but I have been transformed from being un-registered to being pre-registered. The weather in NW Ohio is beginning to co-operate and I have ridden for 10 days straight. See ya in Lima.

Diehly

Sonar
    OK, I need to register 4 adults and two children, however the drop down on adults only offers 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    The best suggestion I can make is to click the reset password link. In about three minutes you should get an e-mail with the ability to change your password and log in. I did that as I was also having trouble logging in. I couldn't remember the password.

Hope that helps.
    Sorry, but it didn't. Told me I wasn't in the system and to contact HQ.

fwiw, I have logged in and edited my profile in the past, but only with back room voo-doo from Sandee.

One usability suggestion.... can all that crap on the registration page, put a big "you must log in before you register for the rally" link first. the fact that you have to log-in before you register is buried in the body text.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e