• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

IBMWR Low Country Boil

JDOCKERY132445

OldBMWMaster
I had quite an adventure getting the bike ready for this trip. I had gone on as week long trip to the mountains of VA/NC/GA and the twisties combined to my rather aggressive riding style had chewed the tires off the bike.

I had to replace the front at blue Moon Cycle in Norcross, GA, before i could head home. By the time I parked the bike in the garage, the rear was gone as well and had a screw dead in the center.

No big deal. I ordered a replacement from Bike Bandit. The order was not processed UNTIL after 9:00 PM on Black Friday.

Attempts to locate an 18 inch rear were not going well until I got a return call from Mark at Back Roads Triumph in Jacksonville, NC. A customer had ordered a Metzeler 880 and had not picked it up. Mark brought the tire home with him to Wilmington and had it mounted that night.

Attachments

• DSCN1142.jpg
    DSCN1142.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 60
packed

Barbie managed to pack all her gear in one bag liner. I managed to get everything on the bike and balanced. Sugah Bama was in her coat. First stop after our ferry ride was Hardees at Hwy 211 & US 17.

Attachments

• 106_0035.jpg
    106_0035.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
Hwy 17

Our plan was to ride Hwy 17 to Georgetown then cut across to Walterboro, SC to visit our old roomie, Heather. We made it a little before 5 PM and the girls were ready to go downtown to a big xxxmas party/shopping spree.

Attachments

• DSCN1257.jpg
    DSCN1257.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 60
Hwy 17

Highway 17 is loaded with interesting sights. Here is an abandoned shipping center. There is a canal and a RR track that used to be used to load and unload cargo. people often forget just how important canals and RR lines were to early commerce.

Attachments

• 106_0046.jpg
    106_0046.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 55
Back