Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Suggestions for Tennessee sights?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslow View Post
    No GPS for me...I am kickin it 'old school'! Thanks for the suggestions though!.
    Here's a link to an article that has some traditional maps. Print em out and put them in your tankbag.

I guess I need to specify..I'm not really looking for roads to ride, I'm looking for things to see at the end of the road.
    You mean you stop and look at stuff? what is up with *that?*

I think you'd like the road through Roan Mountain State Park.

I do know where you can get a little moonshine...

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslow View Post
    Choices are a good thing! Thanks . The tree house has fersur caught my attention. Also saw a show on the HISTORY CHANNEL that talked about a town on the Georgia/Tennessee border called Copperhill. They have a bar that is right on the line. Half the bar is in a 'dry county' in Georgia and the other half is in a 'wet' county in Tennessee.
    Go north out of Copperhill, the road becomes TN68, and that will take you to the west end of the Cherohala.

Lots of excellent views on that road.

(you might approach the Copperhill area from the west on US64. If so, keep an eye out for the Olympics watersports center on the Ocoee river. It was build for the 1996 Olympic Games and is still a cool place to visit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Go north out of Copperhill, the road becomes TN68, and that will take you to the west end of the Cherohala.

Lots of excellent views on that road.

(you might approach the Copperhill area from the west on US64. If so, keep an eye out for the Olympics watersports center on the Ocoee river. It was build for the 1996 Olympic Games and is still a cool place to visit.)
    Perfect! as we are staying at a lodge at the east end of the Cherohala Parkway!
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

Check out the Phillips Restaurant on Main Street... not real fancy, just nice and friendly.