• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

planning a trip 2 Nova Scotia> Niagra Falls

bought two small bottles (airline size) of the 10 year old Glen Breton scotch at the Glenora Distillery.
We enjoyed them very much. :

Indeed.. the proof on them almost makes up for the price.. It is an excellent whiskey.

The distillery also has a very nice inn attached, with superb meals and nice rooms. Stayed there a few years ago while on a NS/CB bike ramble.. just sorta wandered in and asked if they had any rooms, turns out someone had cancelled.

If you're feeling really rich - they do whiskey tasting sessions - with lots of very good stuff - for a small fortune. I didn't feel quite that rich, but got to watch a few couples who did do it.

Indeed.. the proof on them almost makes up for the price.. It is an excellent whiskey.

The distillery also has a very nice inn attached, with superb meals and nice rooms. Stayed there a few years ago while on a NS/CB bike ramble.. just sorta wandered in and asked if they had any rooms, turns out someone had cancelled.

If you're feeling really rich - they do whiskey tasting sessions - with lots of very good stuff - for a small fortune. I didn't feel quite that rich, but got to watch a few couples who did do it.

This is one of the final stops of our Salty Fog Riders Rally in September. Pricey, yes but and interesting tour at reasonable rate .... with a wee dram at the end. - Bob

My 2011 trip to Nova Scotia

What a fantastic visual record of your trip. Looks like you had great weather everywhere except where you got typical Cabot Trail weather. :laugh

Personally, I love travelling in Quebec. I have a smattering of French and when the locals see that I'm trying to speak the local language, they try to speak English and we all end up butchering both! Made some really great friends there. Hope you met some fine people, too. :thumb

Yeah the Glenora Distillery was right on the way, so a stop was definite, tho our riding friends don't drink very much, so the stop was only to pop into the gift shop, to score a taste to go. Had we known exactly where they are located we would have tried to have lunch there- but the signage in sparse, at best. turns out we ate in Inverness, then found out from our server that the distillery was only 15 minutes or so down the road!

Our weather was actually fantastic, even on the Cabot Trail- where we had only a tiny amount of fog. We rode the Cabot Trail practically by ourselves! VERY little other traffic on it the day we rode there! The Kancamagus Highway, OTOH, was jammed on a sunny Saturday, right before the Laconia Bike Week.

Quebec was amazing, and we tried to speak French- even though I butchered it badly. Most everyone that we ran into spoke English anyway.
The city is on the list of "must return to" places. Next time we go, we'll stay out of the more touristy sections and hang in the main part of the city with the locals. Funny thing about the old city? Mediocre food costs as much as (or more than) outrageously good food! There are a couple of restaurants I'd have liked to get to, just not enough time.

Couple pix from the Cabot trail

CabotTrailPic.jpg

CabotTrailCurves.jpg

Back