• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Invitation to Join Arizona Beemers MOA #89 Riding Alps and Dolomites; 8/8-8/15-2012!!

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
ALPS EXTREME DATE: AUGUST 8-15, 2012!

Please Note: I've negotiated discount rates for Alps Extreme Edeweiss Bike Travel Tour-August 8-15, 2012. Please come ride the Alps with AZ Beemers.

We already have 10 participants who have sent in their $500 deposits to EBT.

This provided us with a 5% discount, if we get 12 riders we receive 8% off.

For example, if you rent a BMW K1600 GT/GTL and share a room, you will get $237 off of your tour price. That will pay for your gasoline, or your beer!

Motorcycle Tour Alps This linked thread is for all BMW MOA interested participants in the AZ Beemers Forum Alps Extreme Motorcycle Tour during August 8-15, 2012. Any questions on this Alps Extreme trip in particular or riding the Alps in general will see your answers posted here.

NOTE: If you wish to ask questions offline that is perfectly fine also, here is the contact information: Don Stanley, beemerdons@aol.com and phone of 480-440-4666 or just send me a Private Message on this Forum.

How to place your $500 deposit: Send a check for $500 to Tracy at Tri Community Travel, 910 Evergreen Road, Post Office Box 1974, Wrightwood, CA 92397-1974 USA. Tracy has a toll free number from the United States and Canada of 1-800-507-4459 and please feel free to call her. Tracy's direct e-mail is edelweiss@trict.com and Tri Community Travel has a website of Motorcycle Tours – Worldwide – Edelweiss Bike Travel

IMPORTANT: You must mention you are a member of AZ Beemers Forum for this Alps Extreme Tour! If we book 10 participants, and I believe we will easily meet that 10 person minimum, Tracy is going to extend a 5% discount to AZ Beemers Forum Members. Tracy has a direct line of (760) 249-5825 and a FAX number of (760) 249-3857. Tracy has a Tour Booking Form you will need to fill out and she will fax it to you. ATTENTION: If you do not have a fax machine, just get your mailing address to Don Stanley, and I will mail you a Booking Form ASAP.

DEADLINES: We hope to have this Alps Extreme Tour to ourselves - MOA and AZ Beemers Forum, I want to see two things: 1) Please give us a firm commitment you are going by Christmas, either by posting up here, calling or e-mailing. 2) We're firmly requesting that you get your $500 deposit in to Tracy of Edelweiss Bike Tours/Tri Community Travel by President's Day.

I mentioned you must be in Munich, Germany by Noon on the Arrival Day, this is important because we must commute to the Village of Erding (30 kilometers Northeast of Munich) by 3pm on Arrival Day to pick up our bikes and receive orientation!

However, I strongly recommend you plan on spending additional time in Europe either before, or after, or both before and after our 8 day Motorcycle Vacation. For example, I actually am flying into Berlin with My Girlfriend Donna. Donna and I'll sightsee Berlin for four days; we'll then travel on to Munich on the High Speed ICE Express Train. Donna will fly home to Phoenix on the morning of Arrival Day and I will take the commuter train to Erding to meet up with you.

AIRFARE: Right now airfare is just under $1,500 roundtrip to Germany, I am going to use Priceline.com to attempt to get the best pricing possible; I will book our flights by Easter, no later than that.

OUR MAP: I highly recommend that you purchase a copy of The Alps by freytag & berndt I bought mine from Wide World of Maps in Mesa, Arizona for $15.95, but you can get them much cheaper at Amazon.com Whenever we discuss routing's, this map will be the one with coordinate points. The ISBN Number of this map is 978-3-7079-0425-3

PRICING: Using a typical AZ Beemers Forum Alps Riding Couple such as Mr. and Mrs. Dusseldorf, here is what they would pay if they were riding two up on a BMW F800GS and sharing a room together. They are considered a Twin, Duo and Hans and Ingrid would each be paying $2,080: For a total of $4,160. But, if we get at least 10 participants they would be paying 5% less: For a total of $3,952.

Very interesting.

I would like to sell the idea to a friend of mine to tag along and to my wife for her blessing to let me go, hence, if things materialize then it's a solo ride in a shared room on R1200R, which yields more money to Edelwise. She is a finance person, and she like to talk numbers.

By the way, you may want to check with some airlines, they do give group discounts. I know for fact that Air Canada gives I think 10% discount. One can book from them but use Aliance for travel. Hoping that 10% yields better pricing than on-line booking. Just a thought. I am not sure one has to fly from together and/or same airport.

Thanks for the invite.

Last edited:
We are closing off participants at 15 folks for this AZ Beemers Alps/Dolomites Ride!

Very interesting.

I would like to sell the idea to a friend of mine to tag along and to my wife for her blessing to let me go, hence, if things materialize then it's a solo ride in a shared room on R1200R, which yields more money to Edelwise. She is a finance person, and she like to talk numbers.

By the way, you may want to check with some airlines, they do give group discounts. I know for fact that Air Canada gives I think 10% discount. One can book from them but use Aliance for travel. Hoping that 10% yields better pricing than on-line booking. Just a thought. I am not sure one has to fly from together and/or same airport.

Thanks for the invite.

Hello Montauk, we already have 12 participants so everyone is assured of their 8% discount; this will easily pay for your gas and in my case will pay for my beer bill!

6 of us are flying out of Phoenix, but 6 other MOA folks are flying out from Toronto, Albuquerque and Sacramento; but we'll still follow your suggestion on a group discount.

Here is where we will be at and the dates:

August 8: Erding, Deutschland
August 9: Kaunertal, Osterreich
August 10: Schnalstal, Italia
August 11: Levico, IT
August 12: Levico, IT
August 13: Prags, IT
August 14: Erding, DE
August 15: Munich, DE

I'll know exact names, addresses and phone numbers of the hotels we'll be staying at on March 1st. I've also invited Italian FJR Forum to join our group. www.sport-touring.it

They hosted our AZ Beemers MOA Club #89 when we rode the Spanish - French Pyrenees two years ago.

Back