• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Happy Thanksgiving

Here's wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. If you're living in the sunshine, get out and ride a bit!

:wave

Thank you all for sharing your insight and experience this past year. I hope that all of you can be with the ones you love and enjoy a wonderful day.

+1, Gunny; thanks for a wonderful BMW forum, I am celebrating my Thanksgiving 2012 by riding dirt in the middle of the Sonoran desert:

100_1290.jpg

Wild turkeys are NOT flightless. We used to have a fairly large flock of turkeys in this part of Braintree, MA. One morning, they were all lined up on the peak of one of the neighborhood houses and took off when I was a few hundred feet away -- between me and the early morning sun. I had no idea what they were until getting up close. "Holy crap -- turkeys can fly!"

Unfortunately, the neighborhood kids used to buzz them with their bikes and since they are territorial birds, a few kids got attacked. Serves the little delinquents right!

A few weeks later, there were a bunch of uniformed people around (not local cops) wandering in MY backyard on a Sunday afternoon collecting the birds.

"Where are you taking them?"
"Plimoth Plantation."
"Yeah right, you're full of (four letter word that rhymes with baloney)."

Next day, I read they were taken someplace to a rural area in Walpole, MA. They've been gone since -- maybe ten years. I miss the little guys. I worked on the car in the backyard for an entire day and they came and went as they pleased, very close. We had an interesting conversation and they kinda liked Kathy Mattea on the CD player.
When I used to circulate around in helos, flying over a turkey farm was not allowed as they were said to sort of "go crazy" from the noise above.Small minds operating under stress?
The wild version lives all around me & yes they fly very well, often seen roosting high in the trees. Their eggs are on the ground where they eat & frolic about acting like roto-tillers in the leaves.

Thanks for bumping this up. Went back and re-read the entire thread.

+1
May your travels be safe and you have a wonderful time with friends or relatives.

+1!
To that I'll add a reminder not only to give thanks on this day for all your blessings, but to also remember that gratitude is one quality that enhances life throughout the year. Your blessings are the same on the other 364 days of the year, as they are today. Remember to say thank you often! I say it out loud as often as I can.
Take care guys-n-gals.
Be well, be safe.
Give thanks.
Tom

PS:
+1 on "toilets that flush". That was awesome! Guess the perspective is the same from young kids as it is from much later in life, eh? Ha ha.

Most of us have a lot for which to be thankful.

Best you and yours on this day of celebrating and reflecting. :thumb

Back