• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Epoxy-ing metal to the inside of a faring....

B

BUBBAZANETTI

i heard this as a tankbag mounting suggestion, and i'm seriously considering it, i like the idea of a clean look w/out straps and it makes the bag so much easier to remove. i'm thinking just some thin magnetic strips, sorta like refridgerator magnets just inside the faring........

Use stainless!

If you use stainless steel you won't have to worry about streaks of rust drooling down the side of the bike. Or you could just mount magnets inside the shell. If you use the reversed polarity side of the magnet, the tank bag will float above the tank, and not scratch the paint! I'm here to help :stick

Last edited:
Humor ?

I sure thought so.
Anyway Bubba, you have bumped up against the bigest problem with the oilheads. They are just about perfect. There is nothing to fix, there is no list, upgrades are superficial and often merely cosmetic. Your old airhead had stuff to fix, a list of upgrades superficial or substantial or cosmetic, and it provided entertainment while you addressed them. Now you want to tinker and there is nothing to do. The R1100S with a tank bag strapped to it doesn't look cool enough? It is pretty F'ng cool. The only thing cooler would be a black and gold Norton Commando (followed by a van to give you a ride home when it stopped.)

The lack of problems is your cross to bear

Bob_M said:
If you use stainless steel you won't have to worry about streaks of rust drooling down the side of the bike. Or you could just mount magnets inside the shell. If you use the reversed polarity side of the magnet, the tank bag will float above the tank, and not scratch the paint! I'm here to help :stick

Last time I checked, stainless was chromium and nickel, neither of which is a ferrous metal...therefore it IS NOT magnetic. Works wonders if you use it for battery post bolts though.

Can anyoue out there tell me what WILL happen should you use stainless for battery post bolts? It is FUN to watch the results! :stick

Bob_M said:
The lack of problems is your cross to bear

if only this were true, i spent an hour and a half this afternoon testing starter/starter solenoid/etc...........

still nuthin
:cry

BubbaZanetti said:
if only this were true, i spent an hour and a half this afternoon testing starter/starter solenoid/etc...........

still nuthin
:cry

I would respectfully request that the moderators rename Bubba to Sparky. It seems he has electrical problems on all his bikes..... Electricity Man would be a good second choice.

lorazepam said:
I would respectfully request that the moderators rename Bubba to Sparky. It seems he has electrical problems on all his bikes..... Electricity Man would be a good second choice.

i KNOW, huh...........i guess its better than being know as Randomly Exploding Tires Man or Old Engine Seize-Up

Back