• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Any custom seat shops in NY area?

mchad

I'm looking to have my r1200r seat redone, but I would really prefer to use a local shop rather then sending it across country and crossing my fingers. Rich's custom in WA, looks perfect, but I'm not making the 3000 mile ride anytime soon. I sat on a sargent, and while its an improvement over factory, I think it could be better.

Anyone know of any somewhere in the tri-state area? Google doesn't help...

Thanks

hey white plains, i'm just north of you right below peekskill. i have had no luck finding a seat maker in the tri-state area that has any type of reputation.

what i've done for my last two bikes is have Don at Mr. Ed's Moto in Albany OR make my seats. although he is not one of the big seat builder you always here about, he is, in my humble opinion, one of the best.

if you can't ride in, which i have never done, it is a simple process. you send him some pics, you sitting on the bike with your feet on the pegs, you sitting with your feet down like at a stop sign etc. he will tell you exactly what pics he needs. once he receives your original seat and has it in front of him on the work bench he will call you as he begins to work on your seat.

he has been doing this for quite a long time and it amazes me how he can get it right just from asking the right questions and looking at the pics. once you receive your new seat if there is ever a problem he will do whatever is necessary to make it right.

his customer service is first rate and it is nice to know your dealing with not only the seat builder but the owner as well. since your only approx 30 min south of me your more then welcome to come and take a look at the seat he made on my current bike to judge his workmanship.

Thats interesting. I just checked out his site and some reviews and he seems like he does a good job. I also found a guy up in Ct, a Eddie Barrett (http://ebscmotorcycleseats.com), but what few reviews I have read were concerning to say the least. i.e. taking money and not delivering. However, what I saw could easily have been the work of one disgruntled customer. Still, it gives me pause. However, being an hour away, means I am going in person. That is still somewhat appealing. I might take a ride to check him out on Friday. If I don't get the right vibe, I'll stop up and check out yours.

Out of curiosity, what bikes and how much did the seats jobs cost?

Thanks.

Back